Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Torn rotator cuffs in both arms.

2,095 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Use to bench 250 free weight, curl 140, etc. Tore both rotators. Was scared off surgery by my Aggie 1st cousin neurologist but my arms are beginning to limit me and I have a 2 year old son. Plus it's really difficult to not lift weights. I worry that my scar tissue will be too bad. Guess it's better to know right??
aggiederelict
How severe are the tears according to the report?
Reload8098
AG
Well my Neurologist Aggie first cousin said he heal them to 95% of their normal mobility etc. and injected me with some big a** needles. They got better but now it's not good. Worries the scar tissue will prevent successful surgery.
aggiederelict
Have you considered trying physical therapy to rehab your shoulders?
expresswrittenconsent
I've seen this film. Twist is that the "doctor" is actually a veterinarian.
Reload8098
AG
I guess I could give it a shot.
This Dude Abides
Is this a Ty Detmer joke?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion man!
Reload8098
AG
This Dude Abides said:

Is this a Ty Detmer joke?

Nice.
But no joke.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
I've torn my left rotator twice. I'm 38 and am done with pull ups and bench. Not worth it anymore and I don't want surgery.

I was able to rehab the first time to near full strength without surgery. Mobility was/is still awful though. There's a lot of exercises to rehab. One thing that helped me was bringing my rib cage down through a breathing exercise. Crazy how the ribs effect the shoulders, but it worked.

This time the PT has me rolling out on it, doing band stretches, and some light KB exercises. I'm at about 80% now. A different PT then the first tear. Mobility still sucks but trying to improve it.

Do what you can to avoid getting cut on.

Reload8098
AG
I've stayed away from surgery because of what my cousin told me but have met several people in the last year who had good results with surgery.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Reload8098 said:

I've stayed away from surgery because of what my cousin told me but have met several people in the last year who had good results with surgery.

After spending 5 unproductive months of PT, I had Bramhall in BCS cut mine.

June 29th

Started PT 5 days later at his in-house facility

Aug 15 I was chipping and putting
Sept 15 full swing and 90-126 holes/week.

I have never been a high max lifter. But I'm back to my 4-6 times/week of 45 mins to an hour in the gym.

Do all my rubber band stuff pretty much every day
AG
If you didn't have an Aggie 1st cousin neurologist , would you go see a neurologist for a torn rotator cuff?
Reload8098
AG
Zman91 said:

If you didn't have an Aggie 1st cousin neurologist , would you go see a neurologist for a torn rotator cuff?
Probably an orthopedic. My cousin and I were sharing a house because we both had recently been through divorce and each had kids. I only mentioned the relationship because he's a good friend/relative which lends me to trust his judgement.
expresswrittenconsent
Maybe you want to consult your blacksmith. See what he has to say about it.[/Larry]
P.U.T.U
AG
My are torn in both shoulders and have not been under the knife. Mine are minor tears but as others stated I would do anything to avoid the knife. PT is a good option (that is what I did) and stem cells have been promising but are expensive

Reload8098
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Maybe you want to consult your blacksmith. See what he has to say about it.[/Larry]

Thanks for your valuable insights smart as*.
expresswrittenconsent
Sorry you missed the pop culture reference in your time of pain. No harm intended.
Reload8098
AG
My bad. I normally appreciate sarcasm in everything, it was a bad day. Sorry.
expresswrittenconsent
No worries. Good luck w/the shoulders.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.