Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Torn ACL & Meniscus

979 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bert harbinson
ceatm07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I tore my ACL and Meniscus just over a week ago. I'll see the surgeon this coming Friday to schedule my surgery. I'm hopeful he can squeeze me in on either the 23rd or 24th or I'll have to wait until Feb. 13th or 14th due to some upcoming travel requirements.

Has anyone been through this in their mid-30s? Any words of advice/support/expectations as I go through rehab and recovery?
bert harbinson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine was almost 2 years ago, but mid 50s and ACL only. Chose a cadaver graft and it worked out well for me. Very little post-op pain, missed 2 weeks of work (probably could have gone back sooner), started PT the day after surgery (the 1st few weeks are rough), crutches for 3 days, wore a brace for about 8 days (sleep was difficult with the brace, one of those body pillows helped...I could lay in my side). Other advice: get one of those circulating ice water machines (freeze 6 plastic water bottles and use 3 at a time in the machine), do everything PT tells you to do (they're amazing), especially home exercises.

I was running again four months after surgery; I wasn't doing any sports that require jumping or quick change of direction before, and I'm not going to now either. On the plus side, started cycling and swimming while i couldn't run, and did a few sprint Tris. Wishing you the best, hope this helps!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.