Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Vertical Diet questions

1,101 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Eugene4x
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stan Efferding's diet plan. Has anyone tried it and are there success stories? I have never been a gimmick diet guy but from what I have found researching it, it's a lot like I have been eating but allows for more carbs and red meat and eggs and less supplements. It's not that "gimmicky given I eat a lot like that anyway as I stress strength training way over cardio training to stay lean and strong.
AgEng06
AG
Don't know it. Need more info.
jellycheese
AG
If it works for you, go for it. Just another "eat this not that" diet. If the only goal you have is to maximize the digestibility of your food, this could be good.

My suggestion would be to take a look at the "do not eat" list and evaluate why it is eliminated and if that fits with your goals. For example, cruciferous veggies are eliminated because of raffinose content. There's loads of benefits to eating broccoli and cauliflower that imho outweigh the potential negatives of raffinose.

Also, be skeptical of any diet that makes you give up coffee. I'm concerned Satan had a hand in creating these.
88planoAg
AG
jellycheese said:

Also, be skeptical of any diet that makes you give up coffee. I'm concerned Satan had a hand in creating these.
Tailgate88
AG
What's the logic of eliminating coffee? It is an appetite suppressant and has numerous health benefits...
Capitol Ag
AG
Trust me, coffee is one thing I'd have MAJOR issues giving up.
Eugene4x
AG
I gave up coffee in October and both of my BP #s dropped 10 to 15 points. I was right at normal before.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.