Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Forum 16 Weight Loss 2020

42,128 Views | 476 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Frederick Palowaski
AggieChemE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieChemE09 said:

I think I am going to call the weight loss journey over and consider it a success! From 189lbs in October to 165ish today. My next goal is going to be to get back up to 180lbs over the next year, but good weight this time.
6 months later and I am still at 165. I picked up BJJ in Feb, so my goal of getting back to 180lbs is going to be put on hold for a while so I can compete at a lower weight division for the next year or so.
bthotugigem05
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

1/1/20: 296.6
Whole30 begins
2/3/20: 272.5
3/2/20: 257.0
4/6/20: 240.7
5/4/20: 235.0
6/1/20: 231.7
7/6/20: 218.6

Goal is 275 by April
Goal is 250 by April
Goal is 225 by June
Goal is 205 by September
Goal is 196.6 by December

8/17/20: 218.4
Total lost in 2020: 78.2

I'm back! Still gaining and losing the same three pounds but trying hard not to be discouraged.
Philip J Fry
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Started the year over 250. Got down to 229, but started traveling. Maintained for a bit, but the eating out eventually got the best of me. Crept up to 241, but I killed it this week.

Current weight: 237. On my way back to the 220s.

235. Feels so good to move the scale in the right direction.
bthotugigem05
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

1/1/20: 296.6
Whole30 begins
2/3/20: 272.5
3/2/20: 257.0
4/6/20: 240.7
5/4/20: 235.0
6/1/20: 231.7
7/6/20: 218.6
8/17/20: 218.4

Goal is 275 by April
Goal is 250 by April
Goal is 225 by June
Goal is 205 by September
Goal is 196.6 by December

8/17/20: 215.9
Total lost in 2020: 80.7

Started doing yoga and some jogging along with the peloton, things are moving in the right direction!
Gilligan
AG
4/13/20: 248.8 Starting Weight
4/15/20: 245.2
4/16/20: 244.8
4/17/20: 243.2
4/24/20: 239.6
4/28/20: 238.8
5/5/20: 237.0
5/13/20: 233.8
5/28/20: 233.4
6/4/20: 232.2
6/10/20: 231.4
6/21/20: 229.8
7/1/20: 228.2 - Started Whole30
7/16/20: 218.2 - 10 lbs in 15 days
7/23/20: 217.0
7/31/20: 218.6 - Backsliding UGH!
8/31/20: 220.8 - Backsliding continues

next milestone 209.8...

Goal Weight: 175

A couple positive notes it could have been worse and I bought two new pair of pants 6" smaller than the previous. I am kick'n it back in gear for Sept.

BBQ
AG
Start end of January...starting weight - 243, Goal-155
Present - 182

Healthy diet and walk 4 miles/day religiously at a 15min /mile average pace.... bad knee and cannot run any longer so walk as fast as I can without exposing my bad knee

My hope is to be 165 - 170 by early Nov before my white tail hunt in South Dakota - up and down the "cooleys" as they call them, can be a bear.

Farmari Bojuji
YouBet
AG

Had two weeks of vacation and drinking alot. I did get some hiking in and a few other workouts so probably should be ok with essentially flat weight gain.

Wife and I have changed our diet some. She's cooking from a new cookbook and is down to her lowest weight in years.
jagvocate
AG
10 lbs in 10 days. Cut out alcohol, bull**** food, walking twice a day, and a gallon of water per day has me feeling my best in years.
Gilligan
AG
BBQ said:

Start end of January...starting weight - 243, Goal-155
Present - 182

Healthy diet and walk 4 miles/day religiously at a 15min /mile average pace.... bad knee and cannot run any longer so walk as fast as I can without exposing my bad knee

My hope is to be 165 - 170 by early Nov before my white tail hunt in South Dakota - up and down the "cooleys" as they call them, can be a bear.

61 pounds in 8 months.

Awesome job BBQ!
Gilligan
AG
217.6 back on track
javie
Awesome job, guys! I get so inspired from this thread! I am new to losing weight, wish me luck, will post my progress here soon. Have you tried some weight loss aids? I have got some Canadian Pharmacy Online, and I think they are really good. Maybe you will find those helpful to you too, good luck!

ptothemo
AG
Make sure and post your bot links to Canadian drugs and whatever else along with your progress.
Garrelli 5000
AG
How does that MFer still have an active account? We got him kicked off this thread once before already.
Take the trash out staff.
Cromagnum
AG
-3 lbs (gain of 3) ytd. Not having a work gym open makes it very difficult to maintain right now.
aggielostinETX
AG
My Jouney in 2020:
Started about 215, got down to 207, then COVID, up to 228, back down to 219 today.
YouBet
AG
I'm up to 207. Absolutely freaking stuck.

Wife is down 20 pounds down and has changed nothing other than stopped drinking. And she walks maybe twice a week.

Oh well, she's looking hot so I guess I got that going for me.
HarleySpoon
AG
Hit the one year anniversary mark for my diet on the 4th. Total lost over that one year is 124. I can really tell my metabolism has slowed down. And I've been having to travel four days a week which is more challenging for my diet. Have about 30 to go to get to where I really want to be. Really going to push to get there over the next three months.
TurboVelo
AG
Well, this year has pretty much sucked fitness wise for my wife and I. No bike races plus extremely understaffed so working double hours put me in a big hole. Every time I started to get on the bike, something else came up, so back to 80 hours per week at the school.

We started Optavia last week. A friend of my wife and her husband did it with great success, so now they are our "coaches". Doing this together has helped keep us in line and on plan. In the past, I'd start on the right path, but then she'd want to go eat, or drink beers, or both, and I have a hard time saying no to whatever she wants.

Today, I cheated by getting on the scale a day early to see where I am. 8.4 pounds since last Tuesday (we're not supposed to weigh ourselves until tomorrow).

First week is both the hardest and the easiest. Got through the hunger pangs. Got through feeling really weak on the bike / trainer. Now I feel like we're in a groove. But, I also know the beginning is when the most weight comes off.
HarleySpoon
AG
TxsAggieFn said:

Well, this year has pretty much sucked fitness wise for my wife and I. No bike races plus extremely understaffed so working double hours put me in a big hole. Every time I started to get on the bike, something else came up, so back to 80 hours per week at the school.

We started Optavia last week. A friend of my wife and her husband did it with great success, so now they are our "coaches". Doing this together has helped keep us in line and on plan. In the past, I'd start on the right path, but then she'd want to go eat, or drink beers, or both, and I have a hard time saying no to whatever she wants.

Today, I cheated by getting on the scale a day early to see where I am. 8.4 pounds since last Tuesday (we're not supposed to weigh ourselves until tomorrow).

First week is both the hardest and the easiest. Got through the hunger pangs. Got through feeling really weak on the bike / trainer. Now I feel like we're in a groove. But, I also know the beginning is when the most weight comes off.
Fantastic. Optavia is what I am on and what facilitated the 124 pounds lost since last December 5th. Sound like you only need to lose a fraction of what I need/needed. However, my wife is 5'8" and 135 when I started the diet and quickly got down to 127 in month before our doctor told her to "stop it....you're going to start losing bone"....so it works in all situations.

Correct, about 4 of those 8 pounds are water/carb weight.....but 3 to 4 pounds a week is absolutely a reasonable expectation if you stay on the plan. Just keep on keeping on. Let me know if you have any questions about my experience with Optavia. Remember.....it's a lot easier to lose the weight than it is to keep the weight off....so don't forget to concentrate on the life skills part of ensuring permanent weight loss.
TurboVelo
AG
HarleySpoon said:

TxsAggieFn said:

Fantastic. Optavia is what I am on and what facilitated the 124 pounds lost since last December 5th. Sound like you only need to lose a fraction of what I need/needed. However, my wife is 5'8" and 135 when I started the diet and quickly got down to 127 in month before our doctor told her to "stop it....you're going to start losing bone"....so it works in all situations.

Correct, about 4 of those 8 pounds are water/carb weight.....but 3 to 4 pounds a week is absolutely a reasonable expectation if you stay on the plan. Just keep on keeping on. Let me know if you have any questions about my experience with Optavia. Remember.....it's a lot easier to lose the weight than it is to keep the weight off....so don't forget to concentrate on the life skills part of ensuring permanent weight loss.
Wow! That is really impressive! Congrats and keep it up (well, down).

My goal is to lose 60-65, so about 1/2 of what you've lost so far. 1/2 is definitely a fraction ;-)

I don't have any questions just yet, but thanks. I'll definitely reach out when I do.
TurboVelo
AG
HarleySpoon said:

TxsAggieFn said:

Okay. 14 pounds lost. Nearly a quarter of my goal, in just 16 days. I'm sold.
HarleySpoon
AG
TxsAggieFn said:

HarleySpoon said:

TxsAggieFn said:

Okay. 14 pounds lost. Nearly a quarter of my goal, in just 16 days. I'm sold.
Fantastic! Great job. It works if you follow the plan.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Frederick Palowaski said:

12/31- 272
1/20 - 259

2/17- 248

Update

Been a while. It has been tough with the quarantine but close to my goal.

5/1 - 226

Total loss 46 lbs.

Been a long time. Got to my goal in May and have been able to keep it off which has surprised me. Was down to 219 and have been fluctuating to around 230 now during the holidays. Working to keep in the 220's through NY.

Great job everyone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.