Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Forum 16 Weight Loss 2020

42,104 Views | 476 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Frederick Palowaski
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1/1 - 188
1/19 - 184

Trying for steady progress. Doing 4/20 fasting Monday-Friday and no booze in January. Would like to hit 170 by Mar 15 with stretch goal of 165 sometime in April.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Week 3

Weight: 203.8
Weight gain last week: +0.6
Total weight loss: -1.2

Pretty much flat, obliged to go to a brunch and two restaurant dinners this past weekend, which didn't help.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mrsbeer05
AG
1/20/20: 144.4

Down .2

It's small but I'll take it
thann07
AG
I've hit 228 this January -- last year I was in the same range, but I believe I was lower bodyfat.

Goal: 200; drop 20 minutes from my half marathon time to 1:55.

It's going to be tough the first half of the year -- but might get easier in the 2nd half with a more normal routine.

I figure why not one more regular reminder?
Swarely
1/2 224.4
1/20 220.0

-4.4 lbs

Slower than I wanted, but I'm not going to get discouraged.
Philip J Fry
AG
Entering week 3 of back pain. Meal plan on track though

Down another pound.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
12/31- 272
1/20 - 259
YouBet
AG
Starting Weight = 211.9
Today = 210.0

Complete bullsh^t. I was at 206.5 on Friday morning. Lots of sodium this weekend but still very active, so I'm assuming it's all bloat. Pounding water today.
txags92
AG
YouBet said:

Starting Weight = 211.9
Today = 210.0

Complete bullsh^t. I was at 206.5 on Friday morning. Lots of sodium this weekend but still very active, so I'm assuming it's all bloat. Pounding water today.

Make sure you weigh in at the same time every day. My weight typically fluctuates by at least a pound and a half between first thing in the morning and the evening.
wcb
AG
I'm just going to post milestones every 5 lbs. Hoping to post my next one by month end. Having some initial success with low carb diet.

175 Jan 20
Bregxit
AG
YouBet said:

Starting Weight = 211.9
Today = 210.0

I feel you. We had Chinese on Saturday and I had some leftovers Sunday. I was retaining all kinds of water this morning lol.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Wtf

Still at the same weight - 262.4

Ate way better and more cardio. Meh, will keep at it
txags92
AG
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Wtf

Still at the same weight - 262.4

Ate way better and more cardio. Meh, will keep at it
Are you tracking what you eat? Define "eating way better". I would bet there is something you are eating that is much more calorie dense than you think.
YouBet
AG
txags92 said:

YouBet said:

Starting Weight = 211.9
Today = 210.0

Make sure you weigh in at the same time every day. My weight typically fluctuates by at least a pound and a half between first thing in the morning and the evening.
I do. I weigh every morning after business. I'm going to assume this is sodium from weekend.
txags92
AG
Probably a good guess. If I pig out on salty tortilla chips, or when I do long hard bike rides where I am taking in a lot of electrolytes, I know that weight will stay with me for a couple of days.
AggieAces06
AG
I'm in! Goal was to lose 10 pounds by Feb 23. (Flying to Disney World that morning)

1/2/20 - 144.8
1/6/20 - 144.6 (official program start date date)
1/13/20 - 142.8 - down 2 pounds
1/20/20 - 141.6 - down 3 pounds
bthotugigem05
AG
I'm in as well. Embarrassed how close I got to 300 but doing something about it now.

1/1/20: 296.6
Whole30 begins
1/6/20: 287.5
1/13/20: 285.5
1/20/20: 279.7

Down 17 so far, such a long way to go but I have to remember I'm battling against who I was yesterday, not who I want to become tomorrow.
aggie_fan13
AG
Diet and routine ?
jagvocate
AG
1/21/2020

Beer stopped yesterday. Today I'm starting a high protein diet and drinking morning coffee and water throughout the day and at dinner; alternating days of walking with lifting. Monotonous regularity and consistency.

Goal is to drop 46 lbs in 2020.
bthotugigem05
AG
Monotonous regularity, staying away from booze/caffeine/most starch/fried foods/dairy/happiness for the month of January, sort of a Shock and Awe for my body. I do a Peloton class a few times a week but haven't hit the gym hard, have enough problems getting enough calories as it is.

I think my body knew it was carrying too much weight so it's come off pretty quickly.
aggie_fan13
AG
Do you know how many calories you're taking in per day ?
bthotugigem05
AG
Nope, eating slowly until I feel full and not worrying too much about it. If I were to track every calorie I feel like I'd become too obsessed with it and I need to have some sort of balanced life after these 30 days are over.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Only down 3 lbs on the year, to 194.5

B-day this week and celebrating several times, finishing this upcoming Saturday.

I start training for a 5K in February tonight. I ran one this past Saturday that was another true "couch to 5K" where I logged zero miles preparing for it.
aggie_fan13
AG
Hey whatever works best for you, keep it up
AggieBarstool
I hit ~175 before I was let go at work; with my new-found time off and the holidays that came and went, I put on about 15lbs. My goal this new year is to get back to 175 (maybe 170? 165?) and get my body fat percentage under 20.

The wife and I also got a cycling trainer, so I plan to set up that bad boy and get to work training. I'm giving strong consideration to the MS150 and Hotter 'N Hell.
txags92
AG
azulAg said:

Hey whatever works best for you, keep it up
Its funny, because I am pretty much the exact opposite of bthotugigem05. For maintaining day to day weight, I am fine just trying to eat sensibly and all that, but when I have serious weight to lose (like I do now) that I know will take prolonged dedication to eating right, the only way I can do it is to log what I eat every day. That accountability of knowing that if I eat it, I have to enter it into MyFitnessPal is enough to help me make good decisions when I would normally not have the willpower (or whatever you want to call it) to do it otherwise. Right now, I am aiming for net 1750 calories per day (including workout calories as negative). That is easy for me to do if I avoid really calorie dense choices and focus on more protein and less carbs for meals.
txags92
AG
AggieBarstool said:

I hit ~175 before I was let go at work; with my new-found time off and the holidays that came and went, I put on about 15lbs. My goal this new year is to get back to 175 (maybe 170? 165?) and get my body fat percentage under 20.

The wife and I also got a cycling trainer, so I plan to set up that bad boy and get to work training. I'm giving strong consideration to the MS150 and Hotter 'N Hell.
Do it! You have plenty of time to train for it with the ride not until the beginning of May this year. Plus it is ending at Kyle Field this year...you do want to be there for the 1st time that happens right?

(p.s. Shameless plug...I have MS, so I am going to take every opportunity to encourage people to ride and raise money. To those who are already riding this year or who have ridden in the past, thank you so much!)
JoeAggie5
1/6 - 285
1/22 - 269

aggie_fan13
AG
How are some of y'all dropping a pound a day ?
TraditionsPD
AG
I have slowed down but I assume a lot of mine at the beginning is water weight. I hit the 20lb loss mark today. I workout 6-7 days a week with weights and 45 minutes of cardio and stick to Keto. I have 1-3 glasses of bourbon a week and take in on average 1,500 calories a day. Most days I eat a greek yogurt for breakfast, turkey and cheese for lunch. almonds for a snack and then a chicken breast with grilled vegetables and 1/2 avocado for dinner. I drink about a gallon of water a day and 2-3 cups of coffee.
bthotugigem05
AG
azulAg said:

Water weight and probably a recent history of carb- and sugar-rich foods. Healthy crap just isn't as calorically dense so we're probably running fairly huge deficits right now until our bodies adjust.
txags92
AG
azulAg said:

I am not doing a pound a day, but it can be done without getting too crazy when you are in the 250+ weight range. Eat around 1500 calories per day higher in protein and lower in carbs, drink a crap load of water, and get some form of moderate to high intensity cardio exercise for at least 30 minutes every day if you can and you will lose 0.5-1.0 pounds per day if you are in that weight range. However, it will only keep going like that for the first few weeks. The longer you go and the more you lose, the more your body will acclimate to your diet and exercise and the loss rate will slow down.
aggie_fan13
AG
I've dropped my calories to about 1200-1400, not including what I burn working out , and it's coming off slow, my water intake hasn't been very high tbh.
Bazooka Joe
AG
Checking in day one: 1/3/20 199lbs
Goal: 3/1/20 185 lbs

1/17 update
193.2 lbs

1/25 update

The water weight is gone. Time to grind.

I believe weight progress should be expected to be consistent on two week increments. I think you should weigh weekly to check progress and remain accountable to yourself, but the losses are more consistent every two weeks. If anyone gets bummed by working their ass off for a week and only losing .2 lbs, don't be discouraged. Check your progress at your two week intervals and it'll be a better representation of actual results.

And don't eat red meat the day before you plan to weigh in. The sodium will falsely raise your Wight with retained water.

These are a couple thing I tell myself to help stay on track.
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
Vernada
AG
Hit a Low of 158 in early November.

Back up to 175ish at the end of holiday season.

Was at 163 yesterday.

145 goal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.