Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Forum 16 Weight Loss 2020

41,828 Views | 476 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Frederick Palowaski
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
combat wombat said:

I made good decisions yesterday.

And, I, did not!
BMX Bandit
I'm in.

6'2"
206.5 this morning
target: 190
mrsbeer05
AG
1/1/20
Current: 146.8
Goal: 140
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Good morning Health and Fitness!

I made it through the Christmas gauntlet, mostly (there's still a couple of holiday parties today and Saturday, but should be relatively low key affairs) with only two pounds of weight gain.

Weight this morning: 205.0

Goal for Fargo marathon start line on May 9: 185

Going to try some intermittent fasting beginning on the best day to start anything...tomorrow.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Garrelli 5000
AG
175 by 6/1, second goal is to maintain or best it and weigh 175 or less on 1/1/2021.

Last year I started around 200 and made it down to 182. Moved into our new home in October about 185. Looked today and I'm 197

YouBet
AG
I hit 212 two days ago. My all-time highest weight. Absolutely ridiculous.
Not a Bot
AG
Randomly found this thread today, weighed myself this morning at 238.2.

Started last year about 218.

I think I'm going to try to get down to about 200 before the end of the year.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Philip J Fry
AG
In. Sitting at 238. Would like to get back to 200 this year.

That being said, what life changes are you guys planning to make? I need to stop eating out for lunch and start exercising.
YouBet
AG
Philip J Fry said:

In. Sitting at 238. Would like to get back to 200 this year.

That being said, what life changes are you guys planning to make? I need to stop eating out for lunch and start exercising.
Our main issue is eating out and drinking too much wine. We are DINKs so it's just damn easy to get home from work and hit a restaurant for dinner. However, my wife is an amazing cook who owns 200+ cookbooks. Here are the strategies we are employing:

• I have given her a personal challenge to cook at least one dish from each of her cookbooks in 2020. She was thrilled with that challenge, so that will force more at home cooking as a start.
  • She bought a lot of different mocktail kind of drinks and non-alcoholic beer to help her replace the Chardonnay habit that are becoming kind of a rage in some circles - probably just women self help kind of circles. I won't be participating in that because I don't like that kind of stuff and my willpower is much greater than hers when it comes to drinking. I will just drink less.
  • Get back into my exercise regime. I was unable to do much of that last year due to some health issues, but hopefully I'm past that now. I've worked out about 6 times since right before Christmas which is the most I've worked out in a long time.
  • Also poking around some work resources today and noticed I have access to a digital program called Omada. I'm actually going to do this since it's free. They send you a free digital scale that is tied back to your data for tracking. And I get money from work at end of year if I complete it. I've always been anti program stuff like this, but since it's free and I can get money out of it I'm going to do it. It seems to be more of an accountability thing than anything and doesn't look arduous.

The key thing for us will be staying on the same page when it comes to dinner. My wife has zero willpower so it will probably fall on me to be the seargent of arms on this. However, I've also never seen her this committed before either so maybe it won't fall all on me.
Philip J Fry
AG
That's what usually gets us and it starts with "What do you want to for dinner?" This is code for "I want to go out to eat, but not going to outright say it."

We do our best when we sit down and plan each meal for the week instead of just throwing junk together.
YouBet
AG
Philip J Fry said:

That's what usually gets us and it starts with "What do you want to for dinner?" This is code for "I want to go out to eat, but not going to outright say it."

We do our best when we sit down and plan each meal for the week instead of just throwing junk together.
Exactly.
txags92
AG
Count me in for 30 lbs by May 1 and 60 by Nov 1. Current weight 265. Goal weight 190.
Madmarttigan
AG
2019 was an utter failure for me, 223, preliminary goal is 210
AggieRain
AG
In for 12 lbs. Starting weight 187 on Jan. 1.
mrsbeer05
AG
1-2-20
Current:145.6, 31.4%BF
Goal:140, sub 30%BF
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Today is day 2 of January. So if anyone's plan was to go down in a blaze of glory your time more or less up.

The best way to keep the results you'll make is a life style change. Those take time and for a while it will be too steps forward and one step back.

I want to encourage everyone here that this is something you can do. You CAN set goals and reach them!

Happy New Year & GIG'EM!
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
TRM
AG
In for at least 20.

"Maintained" my weight last year. Went from 220 to 240 after my moving then back down to 220. I'd like to hit the goal I set last year of 190-200.
Philip J Fry
AG
Ate in all three meals today. I'm counting calories with my fitness pal and show I consumed about 1500 for the day. On top of that, I put in 425 calories of exercise with my VR set.

Don't plan on maintaining 1500 everyday. Shooting more for 2000 or so.
mrsbeer05
AG
1/3/20
Current:145.6
Goal: 140
aggiebrad94
AG
1/3/2020 - 199

I have gained 7 lbs from my lowest. I was a 95% Keto diet and lost a good amount of weight. I decided to go back to plant based whole foods around Thanksgiving. I also decided to not stress about food until 2020. I forget (maybe intentionally) that calories still count under PBWF. My exercise + strength training is as good as its been in years so cutting calories is my mantra!

I am also getting a biometric screening done next week to earn dollars on my health plan. It will show:
  • Body mass index (BMI)
  • Blood pressure
  • Blood sugar
  • Cholesterol levels
Geriatric Punk
AG
In for 20.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Juan Solo
AG
current 220
goal 190
Bogey1996
Started at 262 on 12/31/19. Goal is to get down to 220.
Houag98
AG
233 lbs on 1/1/20

Lost 25 lbs last year, goal is to lose another 23 lbs to get down to 210 lbs.
mrsbeer05
AG
Current: 144.6 BF: 29.4%
Goal: 140, BF:28%
Swarely
Goal is to finish the year 25 down. 224 right now.
YouBet
AG
I propose we do weekly weigh ins every Monday morning. I will be posting the following:

Weight: ###.#
Diff: -#.# or (#.#)

No pluses!
txags92
AG
Since I am going to be out of town for the first half of the week, I'll do my checkin today.

1/1/2020: 264.6
1/5/2020: 261.0
5/1/2020 Goal: 234.6
Total lost: 3.6
YouBet
AG
Weight: 212.6
Diff: + 0.7

Well, f' me! Went cold turkey on alcohol since 12/31, have worked out 8 times in last two weeks, and have started changing diet.

Guess I've already flipped muscle to fat
The Grinder (99)
AG
Both true for me. 5 lbs this year, any more would get me too low. Now, I prob could lose more fat and add more muscle, but 5 lbs total is the goal.

Also, running cowtown. I'll be with the slowpokes in the 9-930 corral ; )
Sarge 91
AG
Monday weight: 268.6
Diff: -2.6 lbs
Houag98
AG
1/1/2020: 233.0
1/6/2020: 229.2
Goal: 210
Total lost: 3.8
Larry S Ross
AG
170 goal 160
169.7 today
Good Day.
Bazooka Joe
AG
Checking in day one: 199lbs
Goal: 185 lbs

I'd like to be at goal by March.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.