Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

100 Push-Ups Per Day

35,521 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggieduke
Article 58-10 Offender
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gordon McKernan said:

Today I decided to divide all my numbers in half but do 10 rounds instead of 5.

So in total, 100 pushups, 100 dips, 100 decline sit ups, 100 BW squats, 50 wide grip pull-ups in just a bit over 15 minutes. While I did attempt to keep up a good pace I wasn't going all out for time so next week I'll see how much time I can trim off.
that's pretty legit. that would smokecheck me I think. if i'm understanding correctly, you did 10 pushups, 10 dips, 10 situps, 10 squats, 5 pulls per round for 10 rounds (roughly one round every 90 seconds)
Gordon McKernan
Yes, that is what I did. Sit-ups first, then pull-ups, dips, squats, pushups. Repeat 10x. I was the only person in my office gym and everything near each other so could transition from one movement to the next quickly & nobody getting in my way.

It is much harder to do 5 rounds vs 10 rounds. 5 pull-ups for me isn't so bad even on the 10th round. If I am doing 5 rounds, the first two are pretty easy for me, round 3 is hard but doable... Rounds 4 and 5 I really struggle after my 7th or 8th rep to get those last couple and form starts to go. Same with dips.... 10 is no issue on any round. On rounds 3-5 if I am doing sets of 20 though, dips 16-20 get really tough and may require me to stop and take a 10 second break before squeaking out the last few. Same with pushups but not as bad as dips/pull-ups.
irish pete ag06
AG
4 days in to this... also doing 2 or 3 weight workouts a week on top of it.

I also do at least 1 set of pull-ups to failure each night. Excited to join the fray.
lb3
AG
Gordon McKernan
Article 58-10 Offender said:

Gordon McKernan said:

Today I decided to divide all my numbers in half but do 10 rounds instead of 5.

So in total, 100 pushups, 100 dips, 100 decline sit ups, 100 BW squats, 50 wide grip pull-ups in just a bit over 15 minutes. While I did attempt to keep up a good pace I wasn't going all out for time so next week I'll see how much time I can trim off.
that's pretty legit. that would smokecheck me I think. if i'm understanding correctly, you did 10 pushups, 10 dips, 10 situps, 10 squats, 5 pulls per round for 10 rounds (roughly one round every 90 seconds)
Did it again yesterday with the intention of doing it as fast as possible.... 13:45.

Fastest round was 1:12 (round 2), slowest was 1:35 (round 9). I really don't think I could get much faster on my fastest rounds without sacrificing form. I could shave a few seconds off of the later rounds by improving my muscle endurance.

Edit to add: Today I went back to the 5 rounds of 20 (10 only for pull-ups) and timed it.... Took me 16:30. Fastest round 2:40, slowest was 3:55. I did switch from a wider grip pull-up to more of a neutral grip after the 3rd round.

Okay, enough about my body weight circuit.... The 100 pushups a day got me started on this and I eventually decided to see what other body weight movements to add to it to try & push myself a little harder. Overall its a great/quick workout and I think i'll likely continue some variation of these movements every day.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Pahdz
inverted rows maybe
Vernada
AG
Luckily, they're only at the end so to me, no big deal if you don't do them. I just use a rafter in my shed. It ideal, but works.
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
ptothemo
AG
The combination of COVID-19 closing my gym and needing a break from running is forcing me out of my routine.

So, I did the MARSOC short card for the first time this morning. It is a different kind of workout for me, and it kicked my ass a decent bit. Really enjoyed it though. Put that together with the stationary bike I have arriving today, and I think I've got a plan for the next few weeks at least.
O.G.
ptothemo said:

The combination of COVID-19 closing my gym and needing a break from running is forcing me out of my routine.

So, I did the MARSOC short card for the first time this morning. It is a different kind of workout for me, and it kicked my ass a decent bit. Really enjoyed it though. Put that together with the stationary bike I have arriving today, and I think I've got a plan for the next few weeks at least.

Yep. Doing body weight stuff at home a lot lately too since there is no going anywhere.
OverSeas AG
AG
ptothemo
AG
https://texags.com/forums/48/topics/3100873

We have one of these every day. Sometimes there's a bunch of people on it, sometimes not. Lots of folks doing endurance sports, but all workouts - and rest days - are welcome.

Nobody is going to call you out for not posting on it or anything like that, but it can be used for some accountability just the same.
lb3
AG
OverSeas AG
AG
beanbean
I've been doing 100 push ups a day for 2 weeks now after reading this thread. I have it down to were I get 100 in before I even hop in the shower every morning. Here's my routine...

30 push ups right when I hop out of bed.
30 push ups while I'm in the kitchen waiting for my French press coffee to steep
20 push ups when I walk back in the bedroom to brush teeth
20 more push ups after I brush my teeth.

Then hop in shower, then go to work.

I'm enjoying this and it's quick and easy to bang out.
theeyetest
brucoh said:

I've been doing 100 push ups a day for 2 weeks now after reading this thread. I have it down to were I get 100 in before I even hop in the shower every morning. Here's my routine...

30 push ups right when I hop out of bed.
30 push ups while I'm in the kitchen waiting for my French press coffee to steep
20 push ups when I walk back in the bedroom to brush teeth
20 more push ups after I brush my teeth.

Then hop in shower, then go to work.

Welcome aboard!
10andBOUNCE
AG
Started doing 100+ last week. I will say doing a full and proper push-up makes a huge difference.
https://athleanx.com/articles/pushups-are-killing-your-gains?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=WC&utm_campaign=Expanded_Retargeting&utm_content=Pushups-Killing-Gains-Blog
Article 58-10 Offender
Today was the COVID1000

10 rounds for time:

10 burpees
10 superman
10 jumping squats
10 pushups
10 jumping jacks
10 leg raises
10 jump tucks
10 mountain climbers
10 Russian twists
10 high knees

Get after it!
jczar03
AG
Make sure you do push-ups correctly or you might have neck discomfort later like I eventually did.

In 2008, I started a push-up routine where I did 1 push-up on January 1, 2 push-ups on January 2 and so on through the end of the year...365 push-ups on December 31. I did this routine for 8 years (except I did 100 per day until April 10 and then added one per day after that) until my shoulders gave out at age 52. Waiting on CV to be done so I can reschedule my shoulder surgery.

Watch your form and don't over do it!
Quinn
AG
What was wrong with your form?
jczar03
AG
Tucked chin is not good.
beanbean
Tomorrow is my 30th day of this. Have not missed a day. Got some good tone out of all this.
Hice89
AG
I started the 100 pushup per day routine about two weeks ago. So far, so good. It's been a great upper body workout.
double aught
AG
jczar03 said:

Tucked chin is not good.
I think the crown of my head would smack the floor if I tried that.
OverSeas AG
AG
jczar03
AG
Correct
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
gigemJTH12
AG
brucoh said:

wrote this same thing on my wifes happy 1 year anniversary card
Gilligan
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Most people have a pretty tight/overdeveloped chest, compared with opposing back muscles. I know pushups are one of the easiest exercises to do at home, and back exercises aren't, but I would encourage you to ensure you're not neglecting your back. Figure out a way to do rows and/or pullups and I'm sure the change in appearance will be even better.
I have a Concept2 rowing machine. If I start doing 100 push-ups a day, what would be an equivalent on the rower?

To the OP: do you take Sunday off?

Rest is Important. I am finding that out more and more as I age.
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Gilligan
AG
I did 30. hard to touch my chest to the floor when my gut gets in the way. However, I did lock out my elbows at the top. I am recovered from a torn rotator cuff and it didn't hurt and doesn't hurt today.

goal is 40 for today
lb3
AG
OverSeas AG
AG
CoachRTM
AG
For some reason my wife decided to start doing 30 pushups per day above what she normally does. I must have seen this before and it was sitting in my sub-conscious, because I immediately went to 100.

Yesterday was day 1.
4 sets of 15 in the morning.
4 sets of 10 at lunch.

Today
3 sets of 15 in the morning
2 sets of 15 at lunch
25 left to go.

My lats are actually the sorest part from yesterday, which surprised me. I'm guessing the soreness peaks sometime around day 3-4 and then starts going down, but we'll see.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.