Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

100 Push-Ups Per Day

35,333 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggieduke
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I started a little challenge for myself 11/2 of this year. I did 100 push-ups every day for 30 days straight! Never missed a day. The difference in my appearance and strength is just absolutely UNREAL. I started 12/2 doing 200 push-ups per day and hope to increase to 300/day 1/2/20.

Before I started this, I struggled to do 15 push-ups at a time. Now I can knock out 30-40 in one set with my eyes closed. Anyone wanna join me in this challenge? You'll love it and the difference it makes will be unbelievable!
Ragoo
AG
I've stopped lifting heavy and just do push-ups, dumbbell curls, and dumbbell OH press after my runs. Feel just as strong as I did doing 5x5.
Tailgate88
AG
I'm interested. Is there a formal plan?
selk
AG
What do you mean appearance unreal?
hph6203
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Do 100 push ups between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM.
The Pilot
AG
Why does eyes closed/open make a difference?
bigtruckguy3500
Most people have a pretty tight/overdeveloped chest, compared with opposing back muscles. I know pushups are one of the easiest exercises to do at home, and back exercises aren't, but I would encourage you to ensure you're not neglecting your back. Figure out a way to do rows and/or pullups and I'm sure the change in appearance will be even better.
wangus12
AG
Massively agree with this.
Potcake
AG
Was this in addition to other work or just only? Did you vary width if arms or anything?
theeyetest
Potcake said:

Was this in addition to other work or just only? Did you vary width if arms or anything?

I vary my width up every other day or so. I do wide grip pushups (works my back) and close grip pushups every so often to change it up.

This is in addition to CrossFit 3x per week and core work for 15 minutes 2x per week.
theeyetest
selk said:

What do you mean appearance unreal?

My chest/shoulders/back have changed dramatically in just 30 days
theeyetest
Tailgate88 said:

My plan is 4 sets of 25. I do them right at my desk at work when I'm not busy from 8-5. Just whenever I can find time to do them.

I've gained so much strength. Would be awesome if you jumped on the train!
theeyetest
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Most people have a pretty tight/overdeveloped chest, compared with opposing back muscles. I know pushups are one of the easiest exercises to do at home, and back exercises aren't, but I would encourage you to ensure you're not neglecting your back. Figure out a way to do rows and/or pullups and I'm sure the change in appearance will be even better.

This 100/day is in addition to xfit 3x per week. Also, there are actually forms of pushups you can do to work your back!
Woods Ag
AG
I'm in. My wife and I just did our first day after our CrossFit workout
Vernada
AG
So you're not talking 100 in a row. Just 100 spread out in any way across the day?
Absolute
AG
I started something similar a week ago. Just trying to do something, as my schedule and drive have made working out hard and the weather is not conducive to my cycling.

Started with 50 push-ups and sit ups. Vary the ab stuff to do the wheel thing and planks. Was already thinking of adding a set of back as I am aware of the imbalance thing. Feel a difference after just a week. So I'm in.

Will do 75 or a 100 this week. Kind of proves my longtime theory that any reasonable exercise program will help you, just do something regularly.
theeyetest
Vernada said:

So you're not talking 100 in a row. Just 100 spread out in any way across the day?

Correct. 100 spread out through the entire day.
theeyetest
Absolute said:

I started something similar a week ago. Just trying to do something, as my schedule and drive have made working out hard and the weather is not conducive to my cycling.

Started with 50 push-ups and sit ups. Vary the ab stuff to do the wheel thing and planks. Was already thinking of adding a set of back as I am aware of the imbalance thing. Feel a difference after just a week. So I'm in.

Will do 75 or a 100 this week. Kind of proves my longtime theory that any reasonable exercise program will help you, just do something regularly.

Welcome to the 100 club! Just finished my 200th push-up for the day right before bed!
OldAg92
AG
Funny, just last week I started something similar. Set an alarm on my phone to go off at the top of every hour and when it goes off I do 10 pushups right at my desk. Basically 80-90/day. Maybe I'll up it to 15 per hour so I'm definitely over 100/day
94chem
Woods Ag said:

I'm in. My wife and I just did our first day after our CrossFit workout

Throw up on each other, or it didn't count.
aggiespartan
AG
100 of anything every day seems like a lot. And boring.
claym711
AG
You must hate walking, breathing, speaking, or really anything you must to do stay alive.
saltydog13
AG
Just starting this as well.
Woods Ag
AG
Sure thing
aggiespartan
AG
claym711 said:

You must hate walking, breathing, speaking, or really anything you must to do stay alive.
None of those things really work my muscles that hard, and generally don't cause injury if you over do it.
Coppell97
AG
Push-ups work your back too - I always feel it in the lats after push-ups. They are an amazing core workout too. It's essentially a plank. I'm jumping on the 100 push-ups a day campaign as well because of this thread. Did 2 sets of 25 yesterday, and then sets of 20, 10, 10, and 10
theeyetest
Coppell97 said:

Push-ups work your back too - I always feel it in the lats after push-ups. They are an amazing core workout too. It's essentially a plank. I'm jumping on the 100 push-ups a day campaign as well because of this thread. Did 2 sets of 25 yesterday, and then sets of 20, 10, 10, and 10
Agreed! It's a great back workout, especially if you widen your grip. Welcome aboard!

Two weeks in and you'll notice a massive difference on something so simple.
rhutton125
AG
I'm in. I'm going to have to work my way up, since I haven't done many pushups in years (recovering from various injuries), but I've been needing something to counter-balance my rock climbing, so this will help.

I'll start at 10x and add 5 a day, perhaps? My chest is ridiculously weak.
wcb
AG
A team at work did a 100 push up challenge a year or two ago. Pretty fun to watch. Training plan worked them up to a full 100 (non-stop). I think out of 15-20 guys only 3 or 4 managed to do the entire 100 in the end.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I'd be hesitant to say pushups are a "good" back exercise. Maybe it involves the back but if you only do push-ups there are going to be imbalances between the two.
BlueSmoke
Been doing this for a while now. Soon as the alarm goes off. 50. Pee. Then another 50. No matter what. Then lots of stairs at work. Dips, etc. Then after work pull ups and either more push ups or super-sets with kettle bell exercises.

At kids practices, backpack full of weights/water I keep in the truck and I ruck for an hour or so. Feel great.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
SJEAg
AG
So, no benefit to rest on this kind of thing? Like 2 on 1 off or whatever? Don't muscles need recovery or are 100 pushups not intensive enough for it to matter?

Or even if it doesn't hurt doing it every day, would you get the same benefit doing 100 every other day?
hph6203
AG
Does a hunter rest after running down a gazelle? No, he goes and finds another gazelle.
AgEng06
AG
hph6203 said:

Does a hunter rest after running down a gazelle? No, he goes and finds another gazelle.
I'm pretty sure that's not the same thing here...
Article 58-10 Offender
MARSOC short card + fifty pullups five times a week

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.