Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

100 Push-Ups Per Day

35,338 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggieduke
Jbob04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vernada said:

FYI - came across this template tool which I thought looked cool:

Power Press Push Up ~ Color-Coded Push Up Board System

I just ordered this, can't wait to try it. I will report back after a week or so of use.
Pepper Brooks
AG
In for this. Day 2 doing 4x25.
theeyetest
So cool to see people sticking with this!

After I finish my 300/day for 30 days, I will start a new 30 day challenge for myself. Can't wait to release to you guys!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I only did 25 yesterday. Went down for a nap and never got back up. Doing 175 today to make up for it.
DE4D
AG
Class set or gtfo
Pepper Brooks
AG
I've had some left anterior deltoid pain that I've been working around and it's essentially disappeared as I've been doing this over the last two weeks. I'm assuming the consistent reps are having an unintended side effect.
monarch
S
Been doing 25 twice a day but thought this had disappeared.
lb3
AG
monarch
S
50 in the AM
91_Aggie
AG
I Started this seriously about 10 days ago... at beginning of Jan, I could do about 5 pushups on the first set... and then it got worst (My genetic make up sucks for upper body strength and I lose it quickly if I don't keep working at it). so I never made it to 100 in a day since I didn't want to do 20 sets of 5 pushups :

Kept going as much as I could.
In last 10 days I've been getting up to 100... sometimes it took 8-10 sets to get there.

Today, I've 4 sets already spaced out during workday as I remember to try again.
so far,

only 25 to go and that will definitely 2 sets.

Looking forward to 4 sets of 25, then 3 sets of 33/-34

Of course I've also lost 23 pounds since Jan 5th, so that makes them a little easier.
bam02
AG
Nice work!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
double aught
AG
gigemtrev said:

10andBOUNCE said:

https://athleanx.com/articles/pushups-are-killing-your-gains

Great read and very informative, thanks! For those who don't want to click the link, it basically says to make sure you're getting FULL range of motion (touching your chest to the groundlocking out elbows at top).
My question is this: If you're going to failure, does your form really make a difference? In other words, do 35 pushups without full range provide the same benefit as 20 pushups with full extension, provided the amount of effort is comparable?
lb3
AG
monarch
S
40 in the AM; 2 x 20
Coppell97
AG
Just chiming in to say I still do the MARSOC short card workout referenced on this thread. I do that a couple times a week. Has been an awesome indoor winter workout for me. I don't time it. I just go to burnout in all exercises. Feels like it's made me stronger on my weightlifting too. Already was in pretty good shape. Feeling even slimmer and feel like 6 pack coming back. And I'm in my 40's. I use this workout in conjunction with interval running and weight lifting. I primarily use it when I'm in a time crunch so I don't miss a workout day. It's a great 25 to 30 min type total body workout.
Vernada
AG
I'm still not doing the full card - but have been doing 50% twice a week since Jan started.

It was taking me almost 20 min. I have to down to right at 15 now.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Pahdz
My wife and I are getting up and doing the half short card every morning each weekday. Thought is for two busy working adults with a 9 year old, life happens during the days and at a minimum if we do this each morning before work we know we at least got something in.
AgEng06
AG
When you guys say "half short card", I assume you mean you are doing all the exercises but half the reps?
Pahdz
Correct
monarch
S
40 in the PM @ 2 X 20
theeyetest
1. 25 @ 5:15a before crossfit class
2. 25 @ 6:45 after Crossfit and shower
3. 25 @ 8a upon arriving into my office
4. 25 @ 10a after my 2 cups of black coffee
5. 25 @ 12p before lunch
6. 25 @ 1p after lunch

***HALFWAY THERE***

7. 25 @ 2p
8. 25 @ 3p
9. 25 @ 5p right before walking out of the door for the hour long drive home from work
10. 25 @ 6p after getting home and greeting the wife and kids (6 yr old daughter usually does some with me lol)
11. 25 @ 8p after dinner and kids are in bed
12. 25 @ 9p right before crawling into bed followed by a protein/creatine shake
91_Aggie
AG
5 sets of 20 today throughout the day.
Next goal os 4 sets of 25
91_Aggie
AG
next goal reached.
4 sets of 25 today

moving on to 3 x 33-1/3
vansprinkle
AG
I decided to join y'all and started yesterday. I'm not sure how many I actually ended up doing, somewhere between 150 - 200 on day 1. I started day 2 with 25 more after waking up and I'll possibly scale it back a little to see how I feel day to day. For me doing 25 is pretty easy, so I'll try to slow them down a bit and focus on form.

I've also added in 25 sit-ups and 25 air squats. I figure if I'm closing my office door for exercise, I might as well do something that takes longer than 30 seconds.
HockeyAg07
AG
Been doing this as a New Years revolution of sorts. Started and did 100/day all of January. Doing 125/day in February now. I broke my collar bone a few years back and my left shoulder has been weaker than heck since, so this has been a good way to build some strength/stability back into it.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
So a little less than a month ago, I was reading this thread. It got me motivated to working out again. I had been off and on working out for the past 8 or so years. And by off and on I mean out of 12 months I would workout maybe 2 of those months.

This thread got me motivated to do what I call my lazy workout. It's a 10-15 minute workout but you don't rest. It consist of push ups, pull ups, air squats, jumping jacks and jump squats. You do 6-12 reps or each exercise for 3 sets each. I recommend it to anyone who wants a full body workout and doesn't like to workout very long and uses very minimal equipment (pull up bar). Anyway, I did that for a week.

Since then - 3 -4 weeks I have been going to the gym and doing my old split I used to do 10 or so years ago and man I feel good. I've already gained a lot of muscle in this short amount of time and I'm feeling the best I've felt in a long time.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for the motivation.
Vernada
AG
awesome.
lb3
AG
Stive
AG
Just finished 30 days. One word: AWESOME

I went from barely finishing one set of 25 on the first day (the rest were small groupings of 10 or 15) to three sets of 45 yesterday. I feel better (strength wise), there's a visible difference, you name it.

I'm going to keep going and move the number up to 150 or so. This has been a great idea and way easier than me trying to find time to go to the gym with 4 kids and their respective activities clogging up my calendar.
Article 58-10 Offender
Coppell97 said:

Just chiming in to say I still do the MARSOC short card workout referenced on this thread. I do that a couple times a week. Has been an awesome indoor winter workout for me. I don't time it. I just go to burnout in all exercises. Feels like it's made me stronger on my weightlifting too. Already was in pretty good shape. Feeling even slimmer and feel like 6 pack coming back. And I'm in my 40's. I use this workout in conjunction with interval running and weight lifting. I primarily use it when I'm in a time crunch so I don't miss a workout day. It's a great 25 to 30 min type total body workout.
glad to hear you're enjoying the workout! keep up the good work brother. it really is a great all around fitness workout that you can get in quickly and without any gear needed.
Article 58-10 Offender
I'll add in to this thread that I set a goal to do 20,000 pullups in 2020. I'm currently at 3,370, so I'm slightly behind but making steady progress.

great job everyone on their 2020 workout progress so far!
Gordon McKernan
So i've been doing typical bodybuilding splits and going pretty heavy for the last year or longer consistently. Now that the weather is warming up & my knee is feeling better I want to start running again in the mornings & take a break from the heavy weights.

So while I am not sure how long I am going to stay off the weights here is what I am doing currently...

5 Rounds as fast as possible:

20 cable crunches (or some AB movement)
10 pull ups
20 dips
20 Air Squats
20 Push ups

I do this at lunch and I am running in the mornings 4/5x per week. Usually 3-5 mi runs for now but will start ramping up at least 1 longer run each week.

First few rounds fly by pretty quick but the last two I slow way down. While I have the strength to knock out 100 pushups or dips no problem this workout is testing my muscle endurance. I am not used to this much volume this quickly as I have been doing the typical compound movements heavy sets for 3-6 reps, 2-3 minute break, next set, etc...

Not sure how long I'll keep doing this but I have been enjoying it so far. I may take every other day off from the dips and I may take weekends off from everything but the pushups & running but so far so good.
Gordon McKernan
Today I decided to divide all my numbers in half but do 10 rounds instead of 5.

So in total, 100 pushups, 100 dips, 100 decline sit ups, 100 BW squats, 50 wide grip pull-ups in just a bit over 15 minutes. While I did attempt to keep up a good pace I wasn't going all out for time so next week I'll see how much time I can trim off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.