Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

100 Push-Ups Per Day

35,340 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggieduke
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I finished day 10 of pushups today. Not sure of physical changes but have gone from 10 sets of 10 at start to 6x15 + 10. I also do weights 3-4 time per week, anxious to start the next 1/3rd.
Article 58-10 Offender
Pahdz said:

I also did half the card today in 17 minutes. My cardiovascular condition right now is a joke so the burpees killed me, had to rest longer than I wanted.

Excellent
JBLHAG03
AG
At 2 weeks too. 25 breakfast, 25 lunch, 25 dinner, and 25 bed.

I also go to the gym 12 times per week and run 5 miles a day, so...no not really.
theeyetest
Starting increase to 300/day today! Wish me luck! Anyone still got a streak going? I did skip a couple days during the holidays to be honest.
NPH-
AG
Man, kuddos on the milestone & going for 300/day. While I know TexAgs usually isnt the place for this, I would be curious to see the before & after photos from when you started vs. where you are now.

Hell I'm going to try this 100/day deal. Sounds fun and its not going to kill me.
Woods Ag
AG
I would be intersted as well.

I started the 100/day, but with lots of travel thru the holidays I missed too many days.
Potcake
AG
I started on the 16th while on vacation, nine more days to go and haven't missed a day yet. There were a few days that I forgot and had to do in the evening, after drinking. That wasn't fun.
Absolute
AG
Starting over here too. Got sick over the holidays and between that and family, dropped off.
Apache
AG
Quote:

Starting increase to 300/day today! Wish me luck! Anyone still got a streak going? I did skip a couple days during the holidays to be honest.

What is your end goal?
bam02
AG
Look like Herschel.
theeyetest
Apache said:

Quote:

What is your end goal?

300/day is probably my end goal and as much as I'd wanna squeeze into a full day.
theeyetest
NPH- said:

Man, kuddos on the milestone & going for 300/day. While I know TexAgs usually isnt the place for this, I would be curious to see the before & after photos from when you started vs. where you are now.

Hell I'm going to try this 100/day deal. Sounds fun and its not going to kill me.

For sure! I'll get some posted up 30 days into 300/day. You can tell major difference in shoulders and chest. The unseen is the confidence it's given and strength gains I've never got from just lifting regularly.
irish pete ag06
AG
gigemtrev said:

NPH- said:

For sure! I'll get some posted up 30 days into 300/day. You can tell major difference in shoulders and chest. The unseen is the confidence it's given and strength gains I've never got from just lifting regularly.

I was gonna ask about any gains.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
theeyetest
That's awesome, man! One of my old co-workers who did some time in prison for money laundering said he got up to 30 sets of 30 push-ups in 2 hours. I can't fathom that many lol
OverSeas AG
AG
lb3
AG
Quinn
AG
gigemtrev said:

That's awesome, man! One of my old co-workers who did some time in prison for money laundering said he got up to 30 sets of 30 push-ups in 2 hours. I can't fathom that many lol
JW_TXAG13
AG
Started this on January 1st because of this thread! Been fun so far and looking forward to see the results
Potcake
AG
Two days from finishing this and I think I see results. For the last week have felt a lot of soreness in shoulders and upper arms, like overuse. Once I'm done I'll take a week off and maybe try 40-50/day going forward. Pretty surprised I could do this.
OverSeas AG
AG
lawless89
Some buddies and I bought in $100/each for a push-up challenge that started January 1.

January 1- 1 push-up
January 2- 2 push-ups
January 3- 3 push-ups
And so on.

The months build on each other. I think the math came out to around 67k push-ups for the year. We have to do them every day and report in on the group text or we are out the $100 to the jackpot.

Easy now, but it'll be fun when we start getting to some bigger numbers. Oh and 366 pushups on December 31st due to the leap year.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
My workout weight on bench went up 20lbs by doing this for 15 days without doing bench press in the last two months. I guess it increases stamina...
monarch
S
I'm in; I just did 25 and I'll go from there...
Vernada
AG
So I've been doing the 50% MARSOC for the past two weeks. At 50% that 4 sets of 15 pushups and 4 sets of 5 burpees.

So all in, 80 pushups during the course of the routine.

I was able to do all 80 pushups yesterday w/o having to stop in the middle of a set and rest.

The 50% card takes me right at 17 minutes to do.
Coppell97
AG
I do the Marsoc about 3 times a week now. I just go to burnout on the push-ups.
OverSeas AG
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
Notice any gains?
OverSeas AG
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
OverSeas AG said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Notice any gains?
I will answer this way...

in terms of shape, yes, arms and chest are noticeably different. I won't show it, I am an old bear, but I did take a pic before and after and you can see it. I would just say I am getting the "guns" back, but am not going to be competing anywhere for a mr universe competition... hell not even a mr. broom closet competition!

About 4 years ago I was in a pretty bad accident (took a very bad fall and messed up shoulders amongst some other things). I was just cleared this past fall to start doing more or less whatever I wanted to do workout-wise. I do a lot of cardio and HIIT, but had only just started lifting again with any sort of serious weight. That said, my upper body strength is shot. So yes this has helped me with some very good gains... but say all this to say, part of the gains I think is because I was so far behind the 8 ball, and this has helped me accelerate what I was doing.

I also worked very hard to have good form... Hands close to my sides, arms at a 45 degree angle so to speak, kind of a rocking motion as you go down (pushing back on you toes as you go down, and then pushing forward as you push up), and going down almost to the ground before pushing back up. (I follow AthleanX and Jeff Cavalier and based my form off of him.). Anyway form was a big deal to me, and I think that helped too.

Got a long way to go to where I want to be, but was a good start. I am 6'7" and 255lbs. (Entered A&M as a Freshman at 320... but also was a football player and power lifter.)
Awesome. Good to hear!
wbt5845
AG
I've seen some of you going higher than a hundred. My suggestion - if you want to dedicate time to doing more - do your pushups SLOWER. if you want to see some serious bulk change, the slower you do pushups, the better. Both going down and coming up.
OverSeas AG
AG
Potcake
AG
I finished my month last week. I used both close and wide grips and also used dumbells, which allowed me to go a bit deeper than a regular pushup. And I could orient them in several positions. I'm not going to do the 200/day thing but want to incorporate sone smaller number almost everyday going forward. Is there an issue with using the dumbells that I should be concerned with?
Vernada
AG
FYI - came across this template tool which I thought looked cool:

Power Press Push Up ~ Color-Coded Push Up Board System
OverSeas AG
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.