Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Hypothetical For You...

1,114 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AtlAg75
Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some emerging bio-tech company offers you the chance to be a test subject for a new drug that does the following:

Allows you to pick a Weight + % Body Fat composition of your choice which then activates to transform your body toward that metric over a 60-day period- muscular mass/shape/form and strength is a product of whatever formula you select

Limits the fat production of your body, indirectly regulates the cholesterol buildup/composition of your blood

Once your target Weight and % Body Fat is established, over the next 30 years of your life (without special exercising) you can virtually consume whatever you want and however many calories per day you want in exchange for a maximum annual % increase in body fat of no more than 0.5% points per year (if you consumed 4,000 calories per day).

So, for example, you are currently 250 lbs with 25% Body Fat, you choose your ideal weight to be 200 lbs with a 10% Body Fat. After your body transforms to that over 60-days, the 30 year clock starts ticking.

If you max out your daily caloric intake, then over the course of 30 years, your % Body Fat would rise back up by 15% points to the 25% area. Then you are back on your own for regulating your health.

However, the caveat is that you must make an upfront, non-refundable "earnest" payment in the amount of $30,000 in order to participate.

Do you do it? Is this health benefit worth the price of $30,000 upfront?

Discuss.
P.U.T.U
AG
Rascal
AG
Thanks for playing!
AggieT
AG
No.
AtlAg75
AG
No, I'm much better off developing the motivation and discipline to naturally get my mind and body to where I want it to be. I take to the time to manage my diet and exercise today so my future self can benefit as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.