Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

What's on your 2020 triathlon list?

1,411 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wcb
farmersfight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm feeling over-ambitious about next year's races...what's on your target list? I won't do all of these but this is what's on the tentative schedule...

My "A" race is IMAZ

April - IM Galveston 70.3
May - Silverlake olympic
June - Sylvan Beach OR Pflugerville (anyone have insight to either of these?)
July - Cypress - same ? as above
Sept - Kerrville half
Oct - Fulshear olympic
Nov - IMAZ 140.6
Ragoo
AG
May - IM 70.3 Chattanooga
htxag09
AG
IMTX in April.
Debating if I'm going to do Galveston earlier that month.
AggieOO
farmersfight said:

I'm feeling over-ambitious about next year's races...what's on your target list? I won't do all of these but this is what's on the tentative schedule...

My "A" race is IMAZ

April - IM Galveston 70.3
May - Silverlake olympic
June - Sylvan Beach OR Pflugerville (anyone have insight to either of these?)
July - Cypress - same ? as above
Sept - Kerrville half
Oct - Fulshear olympic
Nov - IMAZ 140.6

I loved IMAZ. It was my first IM.

Pflugerville in June, I'm guessing that is the father's day race. Itll be warm. Swim is pretty standard. They usually clear out the weeds, but there will still be some in the lake. Roads for the bike are decent, but there have been some rough sections in the past. Been a few years since I've done it. The run is around the lake on crushed gravel with zero cover.
htxag09
AG
Bumping for a couple reasons:

First, anyone done CapTex Tri? Debating doing it with the wife. Also, thoughts on doing an olympic distance a month after IMTX?

Second, what brand tri kits have people had luck with? I have Roka currently, but will probably need to purchase a new top. So am debating just picking up at least one other brand to start training with on my brick workouts to find a preference. Looking at Wyn, Roka's new line, Synergy, and Desoto, open to all suggestions, though. FWIW, I'm not planning on using a wetsuit or swim skin for IMTX, will just swim in my tri kit.
wcb
AG
IMTX in April with my neighbor. This will be my second time there. We'll see how it goes.

CapTex - my wife did it and enjoyed it. Cool course riding around the capital.

Kits - I've really liked both Sugoi and LG. I raced in a Zoot one piece last year. Not much padding for a 140.6. I still think my race preference is to swim in jammers; T1 switch to bike shorts / tri top; T2 swap bottoms for tri bottoms. A little more time in transition but really keeps things comfy. It's a long day.
cmow14
AG
IM70.3 Chattanooga
IM140.6 Florida

What are y'all's thoughts on flying to races? I've stuck to driving to avoid the $300+ on shipping my. I've had a hard time coughing up that much money after paying $1000 in IM entry fees. bike. This obviously limits the number of IM races I can realistically do
Swarely
After the craptacular 2019 I had triathlon wise (had 6 races I was signed up fo, didn't do a single one for various reasons); I have one goal.

NYC Triathlon in July.
lazuras_dc
AG
After doing Galveston 2012, I haven't done a tri since and sold all my equipment. Doing a sprint here locally Called the "Keep Texas Wild Tri" - first race since 2012 !
wcb
AG
cmow14 said:

IM70.3 Chattanooga
IM140.6 Florida

What are y'all's thoughts on flying to races? I've stuck to driving to avoid the $300+ on shipping my. I've had a hard time coughing up that much money after paying $1000 in IM entry fees. bike. This obviously limits the number of IM races I can realistically do
If you're in DFW I have a Ruster Hen House case you're free to use. It's built so that it avoids the oversized luggage fees.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.