Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

best protein powder ?

1,670 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggie_fan13
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i use dymatize iso 100 hydrolyzed, love it. that being said i would like to know if there is anything that is far superior
AgEng06
AG
I try not to complicate things... Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey.
BusterAg
AG
azulAg said:

i use dymatize iso 100 hydrolyzed, love it. that being said i would like to know if there is anything that is far superior
This is what I use. Was recommended by strength coach.
TwoMarksHand
AG
AgEng06 said:

BullSprig07
AG
AgEng06 said:

I used ON for a long time and started having digestive issues after awhile. The owner at Total Nutrition tried telling me that at some point while I was using it they sold out and he thinks it went down in quality. I'm not sure if that is what did it or if he was blowing smoke trying to get me to buy something he got a better margin on. To tell the truth I tried several whey powders after that and had issues with all of them and switched over to just using Aminos. Soooo ya I'm not really any help but that's my experience.
ptothemo
AG
Have you tried plant based powders? I also have digestive issues with whey protein, but I don't with plant based. Orgain is good stuff, and the vanilla is the particular flavor I have been using daily for a couple years now.
Jim_jones
Don't need protein powder if your macros are on point

Htb
BullSprig07
AG
No not really. I considered egg protein or goats milk but liked the kion aminos and just kind of stuck with them and tried to up my protein through Whole Foods.

I haven't been hitting the weights hard the last few months, when I'm back at it again I may try an alternative.
Nosh
Dymatize XT complex. Good profile, less expensive, and I like the flavors.
tehmackdaddy
AG
Pro Jym

It's a mixture of whey, casein, and egg protein so you get a steady release into the bloodstream over a long period of time. And the label accounts for all of the protein grams so there aren't any fillers.

I also DDG'd and found this: https://www.eatthis.com/protein-powders/
culdeus
AG
Water Turkey07 said:

AgEng06 said:

I used ON for a long time and started having digestive issues after awhile. The owner at Total Nutrition tried telling me that at some point while I was using it they sold out and he thinks it went down in quality. I'm not sure if that is what did it or if he was blowing smoke trying to get me to buy something he got a better margin on. To tell the truth I tried several whey powders after that and had issues with all of them and switched over to just using Aminos. Soooo ya I'm not really any help but that's my experience.

Had same issue with whey. After about 3 years developed ****s like crazy with it. Changed brands. Same issue. Swapped to caesin.
culdeus
AG
Jim_jones said:

Don't need protein powder if your macros are on point

Htb

I eventually want to cut my wrists eating enough chicken to hit macros.
Gordon McKernan
Haven't had it in years as I'm a cheap ass & generally just buy the cheapest stuff sold at Costco or just get enough protein in through food + the Kirkland protein bars (which are awesome as well) but Trutein was amazing the few times I bought it.

I recall every flavor I tried was great but the Cinnabun flavor was to die for. It is a blend of whey, casein, and egg protein.

Anyone else had it?
Oryx
I liked ISO but now have Syntha 6 and it tastes pretty good, a tad less expensive since it isn't isolate, but not as much protein per scoop.
mrmill3218
AG
culdeus said:

Water Turkey07 said:

AgEng06 said:

Had same issue with whey. After about 3 years developed ****s like crazy with it. Changed brands. Same issue. Swapped to caesin.

Exact same thing happened to me. Thinking of trying plant based protein.
aggie_fan13
AG
Why is that ? Doesn't digest as well ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.