Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Creatine Monohydrate

2,094 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Diggity
RG20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the best brand as far as creatine monohydrate goes? I just want to make sure I'm getting the purest stuff without any additives etc.
ptothemo
AG
Optimum Nutrition is what I use. I am sure there are others that are as trustworthy as ON, but I've always read solid reviews about ON and trust their products.
Hoosegow
ON for me as well
Class of '94
10andBOUNCE
AG
What is the main benefit to using monohydrate vs HCL? Made the switch to HCL a couple years ago mainly due to the solubility from studies done as well as not having to go through loading cycles.
bigtruckguy3500
10andBOUNCE said:

What is the main benefit to using monohydrate vs HCL? Made the switch to HCL a couple years ago mainly due to the solubility from studies done as well as not having to go through loading cycles.
I don't think loading is required for any creatine. Additionally, while I haven't researched this in years, I don't think there is any difference in any type of creatine. I think the idea of cycling it is also considered no longer required.

MarleyFeed97
AG
HCL has a rep for GI issues compared to monohydrate form.
-MarleyFeed97
P.U.T.U
AG
ON here as well. Oddly enough I do not take it for the performance benefits, more for the prevention of neurodegeneration
RG20
Do I need to order this or can I pick it up at Academy or Kroger etc.
P.U.T.U
AG
You can pick creatine up at any grocery store or Amazon
AgEng06
AG
ON here as well.
Madmarttigan
AG
MarleyFeed97 said:

HCL has a rep for GI issues compared to monohydrate form.
I think you have that in reverse. HCl just tastes worse.

Monohydrate destroys my GI tract whereas HCl doesn't.
Post removed:
by user
MarleyFeed97
AG
Not in my experience and have heard similar from supplement store employees
-MarleyFeed97
mrmill3218
AG
I worry it'll come out in a few years that creatine is actually really harmful for you long term.

Are there any long term studies? Can't take protein anymore because of what it does to my stomach.
P.U.T.U
AG
There are plenty of long term studies on creatine, heck that's why they found out it reduces your chance of Alzheimer's
Nosh
Creapure. The cheap stuff. They all work.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
mrmill3218 said:

I worry it'll come out in a few years that creatine is actually really harmful for you long term.

Are there any long term studies? Can't take protein anymore because of what it does to my stomach.
It has been used as a supplement since the 20s and is probably the safest thing you can take that yields tangible results, not just placebo effect. So, yeah. It is safe...

I worry more about the crap they put in preworkouts now than I do anything else.
Diggity
AG
It is literally the most studied supplement, of all time.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.