Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Portland running

1,085 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiespartan
mrsbeer05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading to Portland, OR for work next week. What would be a scenic & safe route to run? My hotel is fairly close to the Oregon Convention Center.
hbc07
AG
I used to run loops around the river downtown during lunch everyday, you should be right by there. The loops can be as short as 2 miles, or up to 8-10 miles depending on which bridges you take.
AggieOO
hbc07 said:

I used to run loops around the river downtown during lunch everyday, you should be right by there. The loops can be as short as 2 miles, or up to 8-10 miles depending on which bridges you take.

This. There are paths on both sides of the river. If you need something longer, you can connect to a number of bike paths.
Potcake
AG
+3 on the river

ETA, I was surprised at the homeless encampments under the highways, that was two years ago. Got them in Austin now.
CDub06
AG
No specific recommendations, but this has become my process for finding places to run when on the road:
1. Turn on "Bike Paths" in Google Maps and look for compelling areas (away from the streets if possible).
2. Check Strava's Global Heat Map (Turned to Running): https://www.strava.com/heatmap#7.00/-120.90000/38.36000/bluered/run
3. Use AllTrails when I'm looking for a trail run or if I'm somewhere like Taos, New Mexico.
hbc07
AG
How was portland?
mrsbeer05
AG
hbc07 said:

How was portland?
Dirty and gross. A homeless woman tried to attack me while I was running. The only positive was that I had some very good meals and went to a giant book store. WAY too many people staying on the street for this tiny woman who left her mace at home.
aggiespartan
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

hbc07 said:

How was portland?
Dirty and gross. A homeless woman tried to attack me while I was running. The only positive was that I had some very good meals and went to a giant book store. WAY too many people staying on the street for this tiny woman who left her mace at home.
That's Portland. It's gotten worse over the years. It was one of the reasons we chose to leave.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.