Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Massage Gun?

3,526 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hoosegow
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody own one, or have experience with one?

I saw one at my running shop the other day, and now I keep getting ads for them. Are they worth it if I decide to get myself one as a bday present?
Hoosegow
I don't know how much they are but drill a golf ball and attach it to something you can attach to your jig saw.

That's old school and these companies have found a way to make $ off of a really simple concept.
Class of '94
Vernada
AG
everytime I see a video of one of those things I can't help but think of the ol Shake Weight.
javajaws
AG
I've seen weightlifters use large random orbit buffers with wool pads like you'd use to buff your car.
lazuras_dc
AG
My chiro has used one on me and felt like it was beneficial. Plus they have these fun videos to watch

DavidAg02
Love my TheraGun... expensive but worth it. Paid for itself not having to get massages as often.
David Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2002! Whoop! Houston, TX
agcivengineer
AG
A friend let me try the Hyperice hypervolt gun about a week ago and really liked it. Im now looking on amazon at the knockoff versions as they are lower priced. The reviews appear to be made up though. Anyone have experience with any of the lower cost versions?
Philip J Fry
AG
I bought an ABox and really like it. Do wish it didn't stall so easily though.
culdeus
AG
Every bang energy girl is hyping this thing. Makes me doubt it is effective.
jtraggie99
AG
I recently picked up the G3 Theragun. Yes, it's expensive, but with the 30 day return window, I figured it was worth a shot. For the past few years, I've had issues in my glutes, mainly my left glute (strain/pull from deadlifts) that never seems to go away. I'm tried PT, chiro, massages, nothing really seemed to fix it. Hot yoga has helped some (along with other issues with tight muscles), but the off and on pain and discomfort is still there.

2 days of the Theragun, several times a day, and man oh man, it seriously works! I can squat again without being in discomfort or even pain. And yoga poses that really stress my glutes are becoming easier. The gun was extremely painful at first, once I found the real problem areas lol. It's like getting a really good, therapeutic massage multiple times a day. Bottom line, it works. It's been several weeks now, and I will definitely be keeping it. I use it in the mornings, before I work out, after I work out, or any other time something feels tight or off.
aggiebrad94
AG
We got an off brand - Opove. Highly recommend.
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
I got the HyperIce HyperVolt for Christmas. I really like it. The different attachments are great.
OldAg93
AG
Ordered the KRAFT gun right after Thanksgiving, as did apparently everyone else. After 2 months of promises and delays I had PayPal refund my money.

Bought the Hypervolt at Best Buy and have been very happy with it. My massage therapist and chiropractor each work it in with our sessions, so I've had them show me some ways to hit the spot areas where I tend to get tightest. So far it's been a very helpful supplement to stretching and foam rolling.
agcivengineer
AG
I ended up buying the hypervolt and so far im very happy with it. I use it everyday in conjunction with stretching and foam rolling. So far its great.
Hoosegow
Do y'all just like wasting money? You can buy a $25 kit for your jigsaw. We used to use gold balls.
Class of '94
Ulrich
Hoosegow said:

Do y'all just like wasting money? You can buy a $25 kit for your jigsaw. We used to use gold balls.

...that sounds way more expensive than a massage gun.
Ulrich
Hoosegow said:

Also
Hoosegow
Oh hell! LOL. That funny right there.
Class of '94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.