Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Weird hip pain wont go away

886 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Kool
Bob_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like for about the 3-4 weeks, I've had this hip pain that has gotten worse and at times recently is enough to take my breath away. I can feel it on the outside, upper buttocks, and goes around to my lower back, only on the left side. Seems to get worse as I sit for awhile, which I do a lot unfortunately for work. Definitely worse when I bend over.

I can't remember a specific event, but I did move recently which involved a lot of lifting. However, I would expect a strain to go away or lessen by now, but it has gotten worse.

I'm 34, so likely not arthritis. Seems there are a million different diagnoses for hip pain online. I know I need to go in to the doc, but stuck traveling until the end of next week. Seeing if anyone has had anything similar?
Kool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unfortunately, I've had that on multiple occasions. It sounds like DJD with nerve root pain with or without a bulging disc. Sitting usually makes it worse. Rest, anti-inflammatories, stretching, improving your posture, PT, etc. to start off with. Mine required a caudal epidural (unfortunately, done without anaesthesia, but that's another story ) before it went away. Individual results may vary. Good luck.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.