Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Arthritis hope?

1,095 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiederelict
jejdag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For you younger Ags, cherish every run and keep them in memory as much as you can because there is no guarantee you will be able to enjoy it until you decide on your own to stop.
I've loved running all my adult life, have been doing 5ks, 10ks, half marathons, 25Ks, roads, trails, etc. for the last 35-40 years.
I used to say that the idea of not running hurt worse than any pain I might get from running.
That changed about 6 months ago, when my knees started aching. Took the time off to let them get to feeling better, but got no relief so I finally went to the doc for imaging. They said there is no evidence of tears, wear, injuries or fractures, only arthritis. Anybody got any ideas about what I can try to get back out there? I'm not gonna be happy if I can't run again.
Hoosegow
https://arthritis.ca/treatment/medication/medical-cannabis
Class of '94
jejdag
Thanks Hoosegow, I'lll give it a look and talk to my Doc.
Utopia61
Try this: Drink grape juice with a little pectin in it daily. I promise it works. Sounds crazy, but go to peoplespharmacy.com and you will see that it works for many people. I have numerous friends who have tried it after I told them about it, and thus far it has helped 100% of them. Good luck.
aggiederelict
You know what helps joint surfaces remodel? Low level loads like the elliptical and cycyling with resistance. And even low mileage running can be good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.