Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Swimming

1,453 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 12thman95
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need advice, possible coach for a few lessons. I'm in Houston - anyone here?

I'd like to get in swim shape fairly quickly and ultimately complete a full IM in 2020.

I'm horrible in the water. I can swim a mile but it feels like I'm pulling myself through sand and gasping for air. I've watched a ton of YouTube videos but when I see out of shape people just gliding though the water, I know something isn't right.

I'm strong on the bike and run regularly. Need big help in the water.
wcb
AG
You're making the right call getting a coach. Don't do volume until you fix form, otherwise you'll just ingrain bad habits.

Best of luck and keep us posted. Next year will be my 10th in the sport and my swim still stinks, so let us know of any lessons you learn.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Coogs Masters. Greg is an outstanding coach.
AggieOO
Join a masters class.
12thman95
AG
I am an Ironman coach and have been on the coach event team for Ironman Texas and IMTX 70.3 since 2015, and I have an athlete heading to Kona next month. I have a Masters in Exercise Science with a dual major in Performance Enhancement and Rehabilitation Science. And I live in the Spring Branch/Memorial area. PM me if you are interested in discussing coaching
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.