Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

TriWaco

1,077 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phat32
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did this as my first triathlon 9 years ago. Wound up 39 out of 46 in my AG. Barely survived the swim but absolutely fell in love with the sport.

Did it again today. This time 5 out of 22 and a solid 10 minutes faster than before. Still roughly 9 minutes off the podium.

Official goal for my 10 year tri-anniversary next year: return to Waco and hit the podium for the first time.

#keepimproving
dan87
AG
Well done! I bet that feels good to see improvement over time.

This was my first tri ever - finished 15 out of 22 in my age group. Didn't start training until this past Monday, and only swam once about 3 weeks ago. Just wanted to finish. Tried to pace myself so that I wouldn't have to stop and walk on the run.
Rick Flex
AG
Great job!
agcivengineer
AG
Ive heard that is a well run event. I was thinking it would be pretty hot though given the time of year. How was that?
MS08
AG
Great Job! Way to go!

As a side note, is there a cycling/road biking thread or nah?
wcb
AG
agcivengineer said:

Ive heard that is a well run event. I was thinking it would be pretty hot though given the time of year. How was that?
The one thing you can bank on with this race is that it will always be hot. And muggy.

The sprint is doable. The OLY, between the hills and the heat, is soul crushing.
Phat32
AG
wcb said:

agcivengineer said:

The one thing you can bank on with this race is that it will always be hot. And muggy.

The sprint is doable. The OLY, between the hills and the heat, is soul crushing.
Correct. Did it once and the heat index was 104 on the last 5-7K of the Oly. It was not ideal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.