Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Peloton Heart Rate Monitor Not Reliable - Any advice?

4,281 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
HalifaxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4 months old...only me using it...it's been okay up until about 3-4 weeks ago and since then it's steadily getting worse.

3 batteries in and it won't keep an accurate reading...my smart watch is reading 140+'s and the chest strap is saying 70

We have other monitors in the house but I relocated them as far away as possible.

JimInBCS
My wife uses our Peloton HRM and I use my Garmin HRM (chest strap) with ours with no issues. Try using one of your other chest strap monitors, it should work fine.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Scosche Rhythm +
Nitro Power
AG
Seeing has how you have been using it for an extended period already, this might not do you any good, but do you get it wet prior to usage? I was having trouble with mine, but I started moistening it. That did the trick for me.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
HalifaxAg
AG
Whiskey Jacket said:

Seeing has how you have been using it for an extended period already, this might not do you any good, but do you get it wet prior to usage? I was having trouble with mine, but I started moistening it. That did the trick for me.
oh yeah, little spit does the trick every time...wait that sounds bad!
HalifaxAg
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Scosche Rhythm +
I took this advice and bought a Scoshe 24...I hope the armband doesn't bother me.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Mine has never bothered me at all and its definitely the most popular HR monitor on the peloton facebook group.
AggieMainland
What is the peloton facebook group? I'd like to join
Aggie09Derek
AG
AggieMainland said:

What is the peloton facebook group? I'd like to join

https://m.facebook.com/groups/pelotonmembers/?ref=group_header&view=group
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.