Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

"Best" & Top Half Marathons In Texas

1,160 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Matsui
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are your thoughts on the best ones in Texas? If you had a friend out of state that wanted to come to a cool Texas city for a half marathon, which would you recommend and why?
AggieOO
3M. Fast, downhill course and its in Austin.

i'm sort of biased since I'm not a fan of any of the other major cities in texas.

i'll be honest though, I haven't run a (road) half in texas in many years.
bushytailed
AG
I love the Chosen half marathon in Gruene. The course runs along the Guadalupe River, so it's very a very serene run for a Saturday morning. It's a smaller race, but it's well organized and benefits a good charity.
AggieOO
bushytailed said:

I love the Chosen half marathon in Gruene. The course runs along the Guadalupe River, so it's very a very serene run for a Saturday morning. It's a smaller race, but it's well organized and benefits a good charity.

i have no idea what your friend is looking for in the race itself, but i'd look at the smaller races in places like the one mentioned above, Fredericksburg, etc.

Those are personally more appealing to me.
Swarely
I honestly like the Austin Half. Challenging, and well spectated. The full sucks donkey balls though.

Disclaimer: the only half's I have done are the Austin and Pikes Peak.
Potcake
AG
Have done two Austin, two San Antonio, and a 3M. Agree that 3M is good, my best ever time. The good part of San Antonio is eating a full plate of Mariachi nachos and a large beer guilt free afterward.
The Pilot
AG
My personal favorite is probably Houston bc of the fast course and crowd support.

I've done 3M too, I don't care for the course as much as most people but Austin is a cool city.

Shiner Half is fun just for the brewery but the course sucks.
zachsccr
AG
Nothing says Texas like football. The Oktoberfest half in College Station starts outside and finishes inside Kyle Field. I know a number of people from out of state who have expressed interest in seeing or going inside Kyle and that's a fun way to do so.
Ragoo
AG
bushytailed said:

welp, looks like I am signing up for this race.
Matsui
AG
Thanks everyone!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.