Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Cheaper running shorts?

2,668 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Nosh
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to restock my supply of running/ every day shorts. I really like nike dri fit shorts, but was curious if any one has found a cheaper alternative worth trying.
bert harbinson
AG
Academy's BCG shorts are worth a look.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Walmart swim trunks
tmas
AG
How cheap are you looking? BCG is ok, but I have found their fit to be slightly off. Under Armour seems to always be running sales and has an outlet section on their website. Lots of choices between $20 and $30.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/outlet/mens/bottoms/running/g/69oha?lsg=3076f01f-306e-4abf-a0d5-6fc3e19bebee
94chem
I guess if you wear boxers you have different requirements. If you wear briefs, just buy some cheap Chinese stuff on Amazon. Hanes makes some decent stuff if you wanna spend $2 more. If you look like a famine survivor, unlike most other runners of that build who apparently think we enjoy seeing it, please consider more clothing, not less.
Vernada
AG
Ranger Panties
Big Cat `93
AG
UA shorts are great except that their interior pockets are too small for modern key fobs. And they're in the front, not the back.
Aston04
AG
UA Oulet has a coupon code for 25% off right now- Summer25 (good through July-15)

https://slickdeals.net/landing/under-armour?couponid=2073283&src=sem_6_desktop
The Pilot
AG
Nike outlet store
Frok
AG
Yall are probably more picky than me. I rarely spend more than $15 on running shorts.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
I'm a fan of the Brooks. UA fits weird, and Nike are too damn expensive.
zachsccr
AG
I pretty much just scan the sales/clearance section of the major running brands. Steep and cheap often has some good shorts for less. There is also Decathlon sports whose stuff is stupid cheap. I've never tried it, so I know nothing about quality or sizing. At their prices you can afford buying and hoping.
htxag09
AG
zachsccr said:

I pretty much just scan the sales/clearance section of the major running brands.

This is what I do, also. I'll usually buy 2-3 pair at the houston marathon expo after the race, they're dirt cheap then.

I've tried a couple of the less expensive brands like targets. I know people have had luck with them, but they just don't work for me. Maybe I sweat too much. But they just get soaked and become really sticky and uncomfortable.
htxag09
AG
94chem said:

I guess if you wear boxers you have different requirements. If you wear briefs, just buy some cheap Chinese stuff on Amazon. Hanes makes some decent stuff if you wanna spend $2 more. If you look like a famine survivor, unlike most other runners of that build who apparently think we enjoy seeing it, please consider more clothing, not less.

Do people specifically looking for running shorts actually where underwear with them?
Endo Ag
AG
Ive come down to Addidas shorts or Lululemon.

Addidas can be found for cheap.

Lululemon cannot.
AggieOO
lululemon shorts are expensive as ****, but they are great. I have 4 pair, but didn't pay for any of them.

i have other stuff....Nike, UA, etc. they are "serviceable' but there's a very noticeable difference in the quality and how they feel after you sweat a crapload.
zachsccr
AG
htxag09 said:

Do people specifically looking for running shorts actually where underwear with them?

Why would someone defile running shorts in that manner?! There's not much better than running shorts and an updraft during the summer.
htxag09
AG
AggieOO said:

lululemon shorts are expensive as ****, but they are great. I have 4 pair, but didn't pay for any of them.
Agreed, however, not a fan of the boxer brief/long style liner they've gone to with all their running shorts.
cjo03
AG
if you have a Nike Outlet near you and think you'd use one of these next weekend, i will snail mail you a few. pm me your address or email in profile.

(offer valid for any of you other knuckleheads too... even if you are in the middle of an active boycott, I won't tell anyone you asked for a coupon)

CDub06
AG
htxag09 said:

94chem said:

I don't like the running shorts that have the built in panties. I search for those that don't and bring my own runderwear.
AggieOO
wish the outlet would carry the wildhorse. I'm in need of a new pair.
The Pilot
AG
CDub06 said:

htxag09 said:

94chem said:

I don't like the running shorts that have the built in panties. I search for those that don't and bring my own runderwear.
That's just asking for more laundry. And that's got to be a little hard to find no? Seems like all running shorts have the built-in liner.
AggieOO
if you don't want the liner, just cut it out.

i wear compression shorts under my running shorts, but i don't both cutting out the liner or looking for shorts sans liner.
CDub06
AG
Yeah, it's more laundry. But I think my compression shorts are way more comfortable than the built in liners. Most running shorts have the built-ins, but not all. I've amassed an assortment of Adidas and Nike running shorts without the liners. I used to run in my Adidas soccer shorts.
Nosh
I have been very pleased with these. I also use Starter brand. They have pockets and and no liner. They are that swim trunk material. I bought 3 and liked them so much that I went back and bought 3 more. $12.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Russell-Men-s-Woven-Tech-Short/363779743?selected=true
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.