Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anyone watching Le Tour?

2,460 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by claym711
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know I haven't been following cycling as closely over the past couple years as I once did, but man, I barely recognize any of these names.
hbc07
AG
First year in a while I've been watching. Enjoyed the TTT. Jumbo just demolished it. Knew they couldn't hang on to the yellow, but was sad to see him fall back so far on day 3.
Big Cat `93
AG
Absolutely. That was a sick little finish yesterday.

I'm a Bobke fan, but I really miss Paul.
The InTIMidator
AG
Yes. Subscribed to the NBCSN app so I can watch commercial free but learned that the familiar commentary (with aerial views of chateaus) requires the commercial-heavy version. Aggie Chad Haga of Team Sunweb is 16:36 back, in 156th place after 3 stages.
dave99ag
AG
Yep, still follow the Tour, spring classics, Giro, etc. I watch the Aussie feed on NBC. Bobke is the right replacement, but those commercials ruin it all for me. When NBC doesn't have the race, I find a Eurosport feed.

Hoping Chad gets a chance to get in a break or let loose on the TT. The GC guys will be gunning for time on the TT, so it may tough to get a podium spot that day. His TT win in the Giro was so awesome to watch!
befitter
Every year!
dave99ag
AG
Oh and ASO sucks for killing off Velogames!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Haven't been watching after it being daily must see tv for years. I'm just now seeing about Paul dying last year. Such a shame. He and Phil were a great broadcast duo together.
AggieOO
Wow, crazy stage today! I've never seen a stage winner roll across the finish that slowly!
dave99ag
AG
That's what a 20% finish will do!

Just imagine what it'll be like for the groupetto riders.
AggieOO
Just a shade under 24%!
Na Zdraví 87
AG
That climb made my legs hurt!!!!
drewbie08
AG
Any link to this finish y'all are talking about?
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO
i know there's a lot of riding left, but there is a high probability that this is going to end up being the best stage of the tour.
Matsui
AG
Enjoyed it!
Phat32
AG
22% grade
BQ2001
AG
Really enjoyed today's stage, pretty good action for a non mountain stage
drewbie08
AG
Thanks for sharing, that looked tough AF at the end. I've never seen them go so slow on climbs. Wow.
culdeus
AG
Best year in awhile. Just really can not stand roll
culdeus
AG
So what caused them to mix up the time bonus thing? This seems more than anything to be making the biggest impact. I sort of forget how it was structured in recent years. Either the race is close and these are causing huge efforts or they find them worth doing.
AggieOO
not sure if anyone is watching, but good chance the yellow jersey is changing hands today!
AggieOO
wow. weather (snow/hail) cancels the last part of the stage.
wangus12
AG
And Alaphilippe has to feel like he got screwed because he was flying down the mountain to close the gap.
Flying Crowbar
AG
I've never seen that before. Crazy.

I disagree with the decision to stop it at the top of the climb. They could have picked a point up the road so the riders could at least know there was an early finish. This penalizes riders saving themselves for an attack in the last few km.
AggieOO
wangus12 said:

And Alaphilippe has to feel like he got screwed because he was flying down the mountain to close the gap.
i'm sure he feels like that, and who knows what would have happened, but he'd only taken what 5 seconds off?

and there was another climb to come to the finish. I'm not sure he would have hung on the jersey regardless.

but again, who knows. Bernal could have cracked on that last climb for all we know.
Big Cat `93
AG
And now the road is flooded by melted hail.
wangus12
AG
I'm not sure that time was accurate because in the last shot of Alaphilippe before they canceled the goup of 3-4 riders were in the same shot in front of him by about 10-15 seconds.

I do agree I don't think he'd have held on anyways, but he was reining people in on that decent.
AggieOO
wangus12 said:

I'm not sure that time was accurate because in the last shot of Alaphilippe before they canceled the goup of 3-4 riders were in the same shot in front of him by about 10-15 seconds.

I do agree I don't think he'd have held on anyways, but he was reining people in on that decent.
hard to really judge what the gap was since people were getting the news of cancellation at different times. Some guys were still going balls out, while others were pulling up.

I'm curious what they will do with the time bonuses. Bernal could potentially get another 18 seconds, though I bet they give him either the 8 or the 10, but not both.
Flying Crowbar
AG
It sounds like he'll get one or the other, but not both. But this stage has been so crazy, I guess anything is possible.
wangus12
AG
No bonus for the stage win.

Just make them actually race Paris on Sunday
claym711
AG
20%+ grade is insane. Not sure I could turn my crank.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.