Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Body Beast by BeachBody?

3,132 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Counterpoint
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone here done that program?

Just curious what your thoughts are on it.

Im trying to write down the workouts and do them at the gym where I have all the equipment you could ask for.

Almost 2 weeks into it. The workouts are pretty good, although the leg workout seems to aggravate an old knee problem.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I did 2/3 of it last summer and was dropping weight and generally liked the program. Then my first child was born and I fell off. Currently trying to count calories to drop some weight and then attempt to get on a workout regimen as my son gets older.
Ag12thman
AG
Funny you posted this - I was looking at the Beach Body line of lifting programs today too and wondering what I could do that would get some results. I need something that has a structured eating regimen as well as structured workout regimen. My biggest problem is diet and I'm terrible at knowing what foods are healthy and always wind up dropping the ball on meal prep (something I know I need to do every Sunday, but usually fail to take the time to do it). Anyway (sorry to have gone off on that tangent), I was also wondering if anyone has tried these BeachBody programs as well (in addition to Body Beast, as mentioned by the OP):

Master's Hammer & Chisel

LIIFT 4

If so, what did you think of them and how were your results?

chris1515
AG
Yeah, the food side of the equation is the tough part for me. I'm disciplined enough to do the workouts, but the food is tough. My first impression of the Body Beast eating plan, is that I just can't eat that much in a day, and the prep seems pretty onerous. But, they do seem to do a good job putting together a guide of what foods are "good" and how much.

I signed up as a "coach" to get a discount on the shakes. If you want to buy anything, let me know. But don't expect any "coaching" or getting pitched any MLM stuff.
Counterpoint
AG
Ag12thman said:

Funny you posted this - I was looking at the Beach Body line of lifting programs today too and wondering what I could do that would get some results. I need something that has a structured eating regimen as well as structured workout regimen. My biggest problem is diet and I'm terrible at knowing what foods are healthy and always wind up dropping the ball on meal prep (something I know I need to do every Sunday, but usually fail to take the time to do it). Anyway (sorry to have gone off on that tangent), I was also wondering if anyone has tried these BeachBody programs as well (in addition to Body Beast, as mentioned by the OP):

Master's Hammer & Chisel

LIIFT 4

I've done Body Beast and H&C (also has Sagi in it). I liked BB better. Sagi and Autumn have awkward chemistry sometimes in H&C. Both were good workouts though!

I haven't tried LIIFT yet.

Ag12thman
AG
Thanks! I will reach out if I need it. Thanks for leaving out the MLM stuff, too.

Can you describe the diet of the program (maybe a sample day or something)? I'd just like an idea of what I might be jumping into should I decide to do Body Beast.
Ag12thman
AG
Counterpoint said:

Ag12thman said:

Master's Hammer & Chisel

LIIFT 4

I've done Body Beast and H&C (also has Sagi in it). I liked BB better. Sagi and Autumn have awkward chemistry sometimes in H&C. Both were good workouts though!

How were your results with each and how strictly did you follow the recommended diets of each? It seems like maybe Body Beast is more about lifting for size and maybe Master's H&C brings in a bit more cardio and is geared more toward "leaning out" or "cutting?" Do you agree or am I way off here? Thanks for your thoughts.
htxag09
AG
My wife and I did the beach body 21 day fix, but just the food part of it, i did my own workouts, really just running. We did it a couple times about three years ago. Went from 240ish to now 175.

After my races this year I gained a few pounds so we did it again. But other than the 3 or 4 times we were strictly on the diet, we just use the principles of the diet and some recipes we really liked and keep the weight off.
chris1515
AG
There are tons of websites out there with the diet plan.

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/what-does-a-beast-eat-in-a-day

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/body-beast-meal-prep-for-the-2200-2399-calorie-level

Ag12thman
AG
Thanks! I was searching for this last night and couldn't seem to find it. Appreciate it.
culdeus
AG
Body beast is a great program if you have maybe 300-500 to throw at a home gym.

Hammer and chisel is fine but I would put that on more a beginner level where BB is advanced.

If completely new running BB alternate with HC would be fine. There are templates for those types of things to help.

The volume is super high. I don't really know how you do it and cut without burning out.
Counterpoint
AG
Ag12thman said:

Counterpoint said:

Ag12thman said:

Master's Hammer & Chisel

LIIFT 4

How were your results with each and how strictly did you follow the recommended diets of each? It seems like maybe Body Beast is more about lifting for size and maybe Master's H&C brings in a bit more cardio and is geared more toward "leaning out" or "cutting?" Do you agree or am I way off here? Thanks for your thoughts.

Sorry I missed this before. My results were great with both, even though I didn't follow the diet plans to a t. I just enjoyed BB more. I would agree with what you said. All the lifting bros on BB are pretty big guys even though they're not lifting crazy amounts of weight...at least on these workouts!
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
My wife has been doing the BB stuff for 5 or 6 years now. I've done a variety of their workouts. Body Beast was good, but I got bored. I put on a little size, but I just didn't enjoy the program that much. I did LIIFT 4 last summer and really loved it. I toned up a ton and put on just a small amount of size. It's much more cardio intensive than BB. Joel is much more personable and easier to follow than Sagi, IMO. Also, the L4 program has a new video for every day, even if it's the same workout. I got very bored listening to Sagi make the same bad jokes every leg day. Beachbody started doing this with Autumn's 80 Day Obsession last year. It was 80 different videos, so it felt new each time.
Counterpoint
AG
FightnFarmerUSMC said:

My wife has been doing the BB stuff for 5 or 6 years now. I've done a variety of their workouts. Body Beast was good, but I got bored. I put on a little size, but I just didn't enjoy the program that much. I did LIIFT 4 last summer and really loved it. I toned up a ton and put on just a small amount of size. It's much more cardio intensive than BB. Joel is much more personable and easier to follow than Sagi, IMO. Also, the L4 program has a new video for every day, even if it's the same workout. I got very bored listening to Sagi make the same bad jokes every leg day. Beachbody started doing this with Autumn's 80 Day Obsession last year. It was 80 different videos, so it felt new each time.
How does the cardio in LIIFT compare to something like Insanity (if you've done that)? I'm looking for an extreme cardio workout like Insanity.

FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Every workout has a HIIT component. Some are mixed in with the lifting, some are separated into two halves. It's not as intense as insanity just based on less volume, but if you push during the HIIT you'll be dead by the end of it.
Counterpoint
AG
FightnFarmerUSMC said:

Every workout has a HIIT component. Some are mixed in with the lifting, some are separated into two halves. It's not as intense as insanity just based on less volume, but if you push during the HIIT you'll be dead by the end of it.
Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.