Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Any other tennis players?

1,309 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Idk3
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife is really into tennis and got me into a singles tennis league this spring/summer. I suck, 0-3 so far, but I'm enjoying it. I was a little burned out with running so this is a nice change. Anybody else play tennis? A 2.5 hour singles match is a hell of a workout.
Kool
AG
Great choice. Keep playing! And transition to clay courts as soon as you can. Much better on your knees and ankles, the points last longer, etc. If you need proof of what a great form of exercise tennis can be, read below:
People who play this sport live the longest
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Diggity
AG
I was just listening to the Federer vs Nadal series on the Podcast "Sports Wars".

Forgot how much I used to enjoy playing and watching tennis when I was younger. It's a great sport you can play for a long time.

Just try to keep your temper under control, unlike this dude
AggieOO
i played very competitively for many years. Once I moved to NYC and didn't have anyone to play with anymore, I got out of the habit and have never gotten serious about it since. I've played a couple times since moving back to texas, but holy hell am i rusty.
aggiederelict
Aggie00,

I used to play in HS a bit. I have been looking to get back into the game. I used to play at a 4.5 level but haven't played in years.

Aren't you in the Austin area? If you are interested, I would like to get out to play every so often. Great workout.
AggieOO
aggiederelict said:

Aggie00,

I used to play in HS a bit. I have been looking to get back into the game. I used to play at a 4.5 level but haven't played in years.

Aren't you in the Austin area? If you are interested, I would like to get out to play every so often. Great workout.
I am in Austin. I'd be interested. I have 3 weeks until my 100 miler, but once I get through that, I won't be on a regimented schedule and would have some additional time to potentially play.
lazuras_dc
AG
Joined usta league as an adult 3.0 three years ago and play at a 4.0 level now. It's a blast and meet a lot of fun folks that way.
Counterpoint
AG
Any competitive tennis in College Station for adults who love to play but aren't quite Nadal?
Quinn
AG
Played in HS and intramurals at A&M. I was in a work league when I lived in New York, but haven't gotten back into it since I've moved back to Dallas. Hope to get back into it eventually. Still enjoy watching the Majors.
nomadic_ag
AG
I picked up tennis several years ago and have gotten the bug. It's a learning curve that I'll be rounding my entire life. I play in Houston a lot with friends at Memorial Tennis Center and parks around town. I even use it for business networking. Forever grateful to the person who introduced me to the sport.
O.G.
I played fairly well in HS but that was a long time ago. I tried it again a few years ago and the short stops and fast breaks were not fun. I do miss it sometimes though.
Idk3
AG
I have been trying to pick it back up and am having trouble finding people to hit with without laying out money to join a club at this time. So, if there is anyone in the Woodlands area that is interested in hitting just ping me.
PeekingDuck
AG
I used to play 3 hours a day in school, but haven't touched it in years. Where in the Woodlands are you? Maybe I need to get off my ass...
Idk3
AG
I'm in Creekside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.