Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Westside vs the world

1,151 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hoosegow
Hoosegow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This documentary is out and available now. I thought it was well worth the $5. Then again I'm an old fat broke down power lifter. Here's the trailer.

Class of '94
Post removed:
by user
AggieOO
looks interesting. i'd watch it, even though that world is completely foreign to me. Those guys would probably injure themselves from laughing at my pitiful excuse for weightlifting
Hoosegow
Our worlds are not that much different OO. Both are taking a physical activity to an extreme that quite frankly you have to be nuts to do. Even to the point where you put your long term health in jeopardy. I watched the documentary on the Barkley and thoroughly enjoyed it. You'll be able to relate.
Class of '94
Post removed:
by user
ElGoatarod
AG
Watched the documentary. I really liked it. One question though...

Several times throughout the documentary they show Louie or someone else doing a dumbbell exercise I've never seen before where they are on their back on a bench just like they were going to do dumbbell bench, but instead he rotates his arms down and back up. I'm not sure if I'm describing the movement well enough, but if anyone knows what that movement is called or it's purpose I'd appreciate it.

I'd also appreciate any other weightlifting docs if they're out there. Thanks.
bam02
AG
If it's overhead and what I am thinking of it is an exercise to stretch and open up the chest cavity. I can't remember the name for it. Definitely an old school bodybuilding movement.

Or I may be thinking of something entirely different.
bam02
AG
Pumping Iron is classic. Interesting seeing Arnold's personality from this perspective.
Hoosegow
I can't remember what you are talking about, but two things come to mind by your description.

JM presses

The other is dumbbell flies but I assume you know what that one is.
Class of '94
ElGoatarod
AG
Thanks for the information.
After watching the JM press video I went through video after video till I finally found it. They call it "dumbbell rollbacks" in this video. Is this a tricep exercise?

ElGoatarod
AG
Thanks. I'll check this one out
bam02
AG
I was thinking of a dumbbell pullover where both hands are on a single dumbbell.
ElGoatarod
AG
Yeah I didn't do a very good job of describing the movement did I
Hoosegow
Yes - it works the tris. It is actually very close to the JM press in terms of movement and how it works. So you weren't that far off in your description.
Class of '94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.