Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Mens Tri shorts recommendation?

737 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JeremiahJohnson
agcivengineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im looking for a recommendation for a decent tri short that isnt too expensive, but works for a few olympic distance tri's/ year.

Any brand suggestions yall have?

Thanks!
Bert315
AG
Like my Zoot ultra tri shorts.
wcb
AG
Been wearing LG and Sugoi the past few years, 2XU and Zoot in the past. Never really had issues with any of them.
farmersfight
AG
Expensive...but I go with Wattie Ink. If you can find the stuff on clearance it's worth it.

I've worn SL3 tri shorts for a couple of races and the comfort level just wasn't there.
Jim01
AG
I have only used one and that is 2XU and it's gotten my through training and racing two half and two full IMs. 5-6 years of use and I'm just now really needing a new pair.
Jim01
AG
I didn't realize Wattie Ink was a company until the 3rd or 4th time I saw them. I always thought it was someone sponsored by Monster. During design did no one realize their logo looks VERY much like Monster Energy drinks?
AggieRob93
AG
Have used Zoot, Sugoi, 2XU. No issues with any of them, but I would recommend De Soto Sport. Been very happy with their products.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I am wearing OwnWay Kit and really like them. Going on 3 years and a few long course races. I wear them as my cycling shorts as well. Same kit many pros wear like Matt Hanson. It is owned by pro triathlete Chris McDonald. They have great customer service. http://ownwayapparel.com

Did an Ironman in the Desoto Shorts. They worked well and I never had any discomfort, but I like a higher waisted short than the ones I had. I believe they have a higher waist one as well. https://www.desotosport.com/collections/mens-shorts-bibs/products/forza-tri-short-4-pocket-with-4mm-clasico-integrated-pad
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Jim01 said:

I didn't realize Wattie Ink was a company until the 3rd or 4th time I saw them. I always thought it was someone sponsored by Monster. During design did no one realize their logo looks VERY much like Monster Energy drinks?
Wattie and his wife Heather Jackson are pretty flashy and do make good kits, although I have not been a fan of the Affliction like graphics. They have toned them down this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.