Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Ultraman Arizona

386 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jack3d14
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got my acceptance into Ultraman Arizona. I am both terrified and excited at the same time. It will definitely be the hardest thing I have ever done.

Have any of you done an Ultraman. I think this is the first Arizona race.

For those wondering it is a 3 day stage race thats generally a double Ironman.

Day One:
6.2 Mile Swim
90.4 Mile bike

Day Two:
171 Bike

Day Three:
56.2 Mile Run

Looking at this, I may die.
AggieOO
I have a friend who has done a few Ultraman races. You need to compartmentalize the race instead of thinking of it as a whole. Way easier to tackle it in chunks.

Congrats! When is it? I assume it's in the Phoenix area?
JeremiahJohnson
AG
AggieOO said:

I have a friend who has done a few Ultraman races. You need to compartmentalize the race instead of thinking of it as a whole. Way easier to tackle it in chunks.

Congrats! When is it? I assume it's in the Phoenix area?
Thanks! It is March 27, 2020 in Phoenix area.

I think my coach is just as excited about it as me. I have done a couple Ironmans and doing Lake Placid this summer. I am not scared of the swim or bike, but something about running 54 miles after the previous two days will be hard to conceptualize. Definitely will take it one step at a time.
AggieOO
Never done Ultraman, but done several IMs, ridden a double century, and run countless ultras. That long day in the saddle after the swim + 90 miles seems like the worst to me.
farmersfight
AG
that's awesome! congrats on the BIG challenge!
jack3d14
wow! goodluck! i haven't ever come close to doing anything like this but my grandpa and his friends were ultra marathon runners and would do 24 hour races and race london to brighton. there's even a race named after him that was covered by ultrarunning yearly
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.