Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Serum/cream for forehead wrinkles?

1,598 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JeremiahJohnson
rtpAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm only 30 and starting to notice some wrinkles on my forehead where my skin creases when I like raise my eyebrows.

Anyone have a good ref for a nighttime or day time cream to fix them?
AgEng06
AG
First - are you male or female?
TXTransplant
I'm assuming you mean the wrinkles are present even when you aren't raising your eyebrows/crinkling your forehead?

The only real answer is Botox. I had it done recently, and not only are the lines gone when I raise my eyebrows, they are also gone when my forehead is resting (although, this isn't guaranteed and I didn't have a whole lot of "static" lines). Getting Botox/immobilizing your forehead will also help prevent the static wrinkles from getting worse.

I'm on the fence as to whether I like it or not. Not being able to move my forehead is a little weird, but the wrinkles are gone.

The best thing to put on your face to help prevent further aging is Retinol. There are a variety of strengths/formulations out there, both OTC and prescription. It's pretty easy to search online and figure out which ones are better than others (as with most things, the amount of Retinol present is key, but it can cause irritation).
rtpAggie
Male
Matsui
AG
Quit wasting your money on lotion. Botox is the answer. Your muscles are causing those wrinkles. Botox freezes it for 3-6 months until the medicine weakens off and you have to do it again.

I'm a male. I know. It's more common than you think.
Matsui
AG
Those lines are never going away with any creams.
Nosh
Anyone used Botox for migraines?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
CoolaidWade
AG
You could also benefit from applying a moisturizer with sun protection every morning. Trader Joe's has a pretty cheap one that I use daily and it helps.

Although I'm thinking of botox. I'm in the sun almost every day and while I take a crapton of precautions and use sunblock it's starting to take a small toll on my face.

How much should someone expect to pay for botox for minor lines on forehead and crows feet in eyes? It seems like there are a hundred groupons for it. Could you just use a different one every three months?
TXTransplant
Botox won't do anything for sun damage, only wrinkles. I've also had something called Halo laser treatment. It works wonders for dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It's not painful, and it's much gentler than a lot of other lasers.

Botox is about $12-$14 per unit. My forehead needed 14 units to eliminate the horizontal lines (and my doctor went "light"). It would have been more if I'd had the vertical lines treated, too. Basically, I can't raise my eyebrows very much, but I can still squeeze them together. I only had horizontal lines that I wanted to get rid of (no vertical ones...yet)

I don't have crows feet, so I'm not sure how much that would cost.

A plastic surgeon did my injections. For the same price, I'd much rather have a board certified doctor injecting that stuff rather than an aesthetician. It's easy to screw it up if they use too much or inject in the wrong place.
htxag09
AG
Nosh said:

Anyone used Botox for migraines?

My mom does. Works better than any other meds she's taken.
Broba Fett
Just go ahead and get you a bagel head

Deputy Travis Junior
The very economical way to halt (or at least slow) wrinkle development
1) If you like to tan a lot or go outside without sunscreen, stop. Sun damage is the #1 contributor to aging and it isn't close.
2) Put on moisturizer at night (one of the Jergen's 21 ounce bottles with a pump is ~$10 and will last you 6 months)
3) Put on a moisturizer with sunscreen in the morning (probably $6-8 for a couple month's supply)
4) Try not to furrow your brow as much
5) Retinol is more expensive, but still probably averages out to only ~$10/month.

That's it. For $15 bucks a month and a couple of minutes a day, you will dramatically slow any wrinkle development while reducing your risk of skin cancer
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Horse semen. Ancient Chinese recipe
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.