Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

MRI for Shoulders

1,531 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by lb3
BubbleBoyB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey all,
My shoulders have been bothering me for quite some time regardless of the PT I put myself through. Ive only received an X-Ray with no results. I need an MRI but my insurance (BCBS) doesnt help the cost at all. Does someone have a recommendation to go somewhere with a cash option for a lot cheaper?
BubbleBoyB
AG
In Houston
aggiederelict
Look into Green Imaging. Actually based in Houston. You can images a lot cheaper through them. Let me know what you find out.
TThom
I'd recommend seeing a good ortho Doc and let them order the MRI. They may want it done w an arthrogram and have a good cash pay place to recommend. Dr Dean Dominy is a good Ag and great shoulder surgeon w Methodist in Sugar Land and Katy
Disco Stu
AG
Whatever you do, get it done at a free standing imaging center and not a hospital. Huge difference in cost.

If your insurance is with BCBSTX, they have a cost estimator where you should be able to see costs for different procedures (MRI included) at various facilities. You could also go to the national BCBSA site and do the same.
BubbleBoyB
AG
Ended up going to Alliance MRI.

Actually got 2 scans total (each shoulder) and paid cash for $525 ($263 per). If I went through my insurance it would have been about $880. Think I got a damn good deal.
The Lost
TThom said:

I'd recommend seeing a good ortho Doc and let them order the MRI. They may want it done w an arthrogram and have a good cash pay place to recommend. Dr Dean Dominy is a good Ag and great shoulder surgeon w Methodist in Sugar Land and Katy

The arthrogram injection is easily the sharpest pain I've ever had in my life. As someone with muscular shoulders, that needle was brutal.
bigtruckguy3500
That is a very good deal. When do you get the results?

And further proof that insurance is a scam for routine medical care and only serves to drive up costs in the medical system as a whole. It should be relegated to catastrophic coverage only.
BubbleBoyB
AG
I got a disk with the images before I left. They develop a report and send it to my Dr.
He got the results within a day or 2. Waiting for him to call me with what is wrong still tho.
Insurance is total BS. Basically only protects you from the VERY expensive medical bills
lb3
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.