Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Aircast Motorized Cooler

1,142 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by civilized05
civilized05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was wondering if any of you fine folks maybe have one of these laying around the house or in the garage that you wouldn't mind parting ways with.

Had acl surgery last Thursday and the pump on mine (from a previous knee surgery years back) crapped out on me a day ago. I've been using an Ossur Cold Rush, that's my MILs, but it just doesn't have the same effect.

I'm in Pearland if there's anyone close by. Feel free to shoot me an email (user at gmail) to discuss the particulars, price, etc.

Much appreciated and I can't wait to get back to exercising. It's been a long year and a half.
drummer0415
AG
Are you me? Because I also had ACL surgery last Thursday. Lol.

How is your recovery doing? Running any marathons yet? I went back to work on crutches Monday, Tuesday I was only using one crutch, and yesterday (6 days post surgery)I didn't use crutches at all. Granted I am walking VERY slowly, but it sure feels damn good to walk without crutches. They are such a PiTA.

And sorry, no you can't have my Aircast, I'm still using it as much as possible.
civilized05
AG
Nah, just a stocker.

Recovery has been going much better this time around. Had an allograft prior, tore it and went with my own donor ligament this time. More incisions, but oddly I've retained more leg strength and muscle control than last time.

Took this week off just cause, but probably could've gone back to work yesterday. Hanging with the kiddos during spring break has been fun.

Ditched the pain meds Sunday morning and ditched the crutches yesterday. Had my PT evaluation yesterday and went ahead and unlocked my straight brace. With the brace on my gait is almost back to normal, without the brace I'm a little more careful but it's getting there.

Marathons are probably another week or two away.
Waterski02
AG
Can't help you, but I go in Monday for my ACL, MCL, and ALL.

I expected 2 weeks out of work and off it. What did you guys uses for ligament replacement?
drummer0415
AG
I have dead people parts inside me.
civilized05
AG
I had a cadaver ligament the first time and tore it again. The doc told me that's pretty rare, so I guess I should feel special about that. Even though it was as strong as my other knee and equal in flexibility, it never really felt "normal". Could've just been mental, but I could always feel it was different.

This time I went with my own patella donor and recovery has been much easier and I've been progressing much better than last time, which I would think is counter to how it normally goes since it's a more invasive surgery.

I don't know if you can really go wrong either way. The main thing is to not slack off on PT and to try and retain as much muscle control in your quad and calf as possible. It'll definitely speed up the recovery.

Wish you a speedy recovery!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.