Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

***** 2019 Crossfit Open *****

11,162 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gambochaman
emando2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do y'all expect to see for 19.1?

Does anyone want to volunteer in setting this up? I've enjoyed seeing everyone's scores. I'd prefer someone else do it but I can if no one else wants to step in.
YourFavAggie
AG
I re-created the 2018 page on the 2019 tab, I am happy to help update as needed.

2019 CrossFit Open TexAgs H&F
Eyes of texas Crying
AgEng06
AG
I'm following, but will let someone else run the sheet this year. I don't want to commit to keeping it updated (especially since I fell off doing it last year).
Woods Ag
AG
Think I'm out this year.

Wife's pregnant, we're in the middle of a move, and my diet has been horrid with her being pregnant lol
emando2000
AG
Good Deal YourFavAggie! I entered my info. It'll be interesting to see how I do. This past year I didn't focus on getting better, I just have been working out a few times a week. We'll see! I really enjoy getting into it with our gym members...fun times!
UpstateAg
AG
I'm doing it but not giving HQ my money. Glass Man is turning out to be the jerk we all thought he was.
On a lighter note, have y'all seen the buttery bros videos yet? Hilarious and well done. Best CrossFit vlog out there.
The Lost
I'm in for another of getting last on the sheet. Should see some improvement though on my actual times/weight so looking forward to that.

I wish this was closer to summer, being in colorado this is about the worst time of the year with a ton of people coming in/skiing, but i'll still give it what i got. Not sure if I'm doing the workout tonight or friday, just depends on if we end up going to crested butte for the weekend friday or not.

AgEng06
AG
Same. I'm not paying for it this year.
UpstateAg
AG
I know Castro has been doing CF seminars, but his Instagram has shown nothing this year. Who would have foreseen that firing all of your media people would lead to a poor production and no excitement for your communities biggest five week period???
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I feel like they really screwed it up. And Castro's IG is private now as well. I honestly had no idea it started tonight until about 2 days ago. I randomly Googled it, and even then it took me a few minutes/clicks to find the actual dates.
dc509
AG
This is probably the least excited I've been. I'll still pay for it though.
The Lost
AgEng06 said:

Same. I'm not paying for it this year.

Not trying to derail thread, genuinely curious...

As someone who just shows up to his gym and enjoys his group/coaches can y'all explain why you're anti hq? I totally get each gym has there own culture and some are trash as it took me a few tries to find the right one in Denver after leaving kc, but I don't follow anything at that level. I just workout and go home.
Woods Ag
AG
As someone that travelled to regionals and watched the games every year, Glassman screwed up a good thing. I have no interest in the games this year. I certainly don't want to give him any more money.
Our CrossFit gym dropped their affiliation, and I am moving and will be working out of my garage from now on.
UpstateAg
AG
I enjoy watching the games and regionals. Had friends that would compete at regionals, and talk with some of the masters guys. The guys who had the goal of regionals have just been gutted with the new format. It does take out the grassroots feeling. And after listening to some of the stories from HQ people (Talking Elite fairness podcast being one of them), it sounded like glassmen took his ball and went home, and fired most of the building.

We will still workout (we are unaffiliated now, but everyone that coaches is L1 it L2), but we have a very competitive area with some great competitions year round.

Also, wife likes naked CrossFit body instead of my old powerlifting body.
The Lost
UpstateAg said:

I enjoy watching the games and regionals. Had friends that would compete at regionals, and talk with some of the masters guys. The guys who had the goal of regionals have just been gutted with the new format. It does take out the grassroots feeling. And after listening to some of the stories from HQ people (Talking Elite fairness podcast being one of them), it sounded like glassmen took his ball and went home, and fired most of the building.

We will still workout (we are unaffiliated now, but everyone that coaches is L1 it L2), but we have a very competitive area with some great competitions year round.

Also, wife likes naked CrossFit body instead of my old powerlifting body.

Thanks I totally missed the announcement of the changes for next year. After going down the rabbit hole reading, they're definitely dumb. I don't get eliminating regionals and turning it into the Olympics.
dc509
AG
15 minute AMRAP
19 Wallball Shots @ 20#
19 Cal Row

I like it.
emando2000
AG
Easy movements, rough for 15 min tho. I did a mock round 1:43 it was smooth but the quads are gonna go pretty quick.
gambochaman
AG
This is going to hurt bigly

Also i agree...glassman screwed it up
The announcement sucked...no castro....no big names

Freaking idiots
viper14
AG
I am in! Looking forward to doing all Rx'd this year
texasaggie2004
AG
AgEng06
AG
230 reps (6 rounds + 2 WB). That was definitely a burner!
AgEng06
AG
Also, how do they do the age determination for Masters? Is age as of a certain date, or age at time of the Open?
UpstateAg
AG
271. Unbroken wall balls. Might go again.
gambochaman
AG
271 as well
Not sure i ever want to do that again
reproag
AG
270. Pushed at 2 min left but I should have started at 5 min bc I felt fine after workout. Main goal is to not get injured again this year.
gambochaman
AG
I think i can get the full 8...good recovery and good nutrition over the weekend....this week i was out all week at a conference where I ate/drank like crap and did not rest properly
The Lost
Well the odds of me throwing up after the workout tonight have increased. Just ate way too much pizza at a lunch for a coworkers 40th work anniversary.

Think im gonna do 10-9 wb. Goal is probably 6+, wont be mad as long as its 5+ rounds. I'm terrible at pacing and will probably do round 1 too quick, at least enough people will be around cheering us on to hopefully not slow down too much in the middle. Thats usually my weakness during a regular workout.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm not redoing it. Rather work on some other stuff like muscle ups. Had them, lost them.
K Bo
AG
Not participating in the open but did 19.1 tonight at my 3rd CrossFit class ... 209. It kicked my ass. I'm looking forward to improving! Great scores everyone!
The Lost
212 and quite content with it. Stay on my 10-9 wbs and semi caught my breath on the row. Definitely one you want to quit at 10 minutes but push through. I'm interested to see what number the elites put up.
Woods Ag
AG
Wife did 243 while 6 months pregnant
IBMs_Watson
272 here and pretty content. The last 3-4 mins were an all out sprint / blur.
dc509
AG
252. I hate rowing.
emando2000
AG
240. Not happy with it, was gonna retest today but got really drunk last night. Oops!
YourFavAggie
AG
241. Succumbed to pizza and beer the night before, about what I was expecting
Eyes of texas Crying

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.