Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Texas Independence Relay Texags Team?

774 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoahAg
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any interest in us forming one? I know it's last minute and all. Also interested in if anyone has a spot on their team.
bert harbinson
AG
I'll be running with a team from the Plano area. This will be my first time (had to drop out last year because of injury). A Texags team would be a lot of fun, but I believe you can ask to be placed on a team if you can't form one or find one. Good luck!
NoahAg
I would be down, but our team (various iterations) has been together since '09. Right now we are full, but we've had last minute dropouts in the past.

Looking forward to another relay but I do wish they stretched it back to 200 miles again.
htxag09
AG
I'd be interested
wbt5845
AG
Any idea how much this ends up costing once it's all said and done? Van rental - fuel - etc...
NoahAg
For our team of 10 it is usually around $140. BUT we don't rent big vans like most teams do. We use some combo of our own minivans, SUVs, trucks. I actually like the truck option (assuming no rain) b/c it's easiest to get to your stuff. Just throw it in the bed.

We'll chip in some money for gas, and take turns driving. Also, the $140 doesn't include whatever food and drinks we stock up on.

Lastly, our team is a mix of Dallas and Houston area folks. The Dallas guys have the expense of a motel on friday night. Houston guys just drive to Gonzalez Saturday morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.