Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

WTB Bike trainer

1,311 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SteveA
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As the title says, looking to purchase a bike trainer. Anybody on here have one they're looking to offload? Or any tips on what to look for or any other suggestions?
P.U.T.U
AG
I have one in DFW
JeremiahJohnson
AG
What's your price range? I don't have one to sell, but can give direction.
Ragoo
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I have one in DFW
make/model?
txags92
AG
Are you looking for a smart trainer like a Kickr? Or just a mag/fluid friction trainer? I have an old nashbar model fluid resistance trainer from probably 2008 that I don't need anymore. It has probably been used a grand total of less than 100 hours. It was most recently used about 3 months ago and it worked fine. I would be willing to sell it, the front wheel block, and the mat for under the bike for $75 in Houston.
htxag09
AG
In houston.

Prefer a smart trainer but not set on it. Just starting to research these....figured I'd come here first.

Budget is a couple hundred.....
JeremiahJohnson
AG
htxag09 said:

In houston.

Prefer a smart trainer but not set on it. Just starting to research these....figured I'd come here first.

Budget is a couple hundred.....

Cheapest Smart trainer is Tacx Flow Smart or vortex.

You might be able to find other brands used if you scan Facebook or slowtwitch.

Other ones worth looking at although more expensive, may be able to find used in your price range are:

Cyleops Magnus or M2, Wahoo Snap, Elite Qubo, and Bkool Smart

I own a Wahoo and Cycle Ops. I am very satisfied with both.
Ragoo
AG
I have the cycleops magnus. I have never quite figured out the tension knob in the back. It has never done the gas cap "pop" and will slip over a 4% grade.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I have a Kurt Kinitec I'd send you for $175. I don't need it anymore.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Ragoo said:

I have the cycleops magnus. I have never quite figured out the tension knob in the back. It has never done the gas cap "pop" and will slip over a 4% grade.

I bought that for my wife. Hers doesnt click either.... Make it to where you can spin it once around with minimal effort without slipping. That makes pretty good tension. If it slips when you hammer down, tighten a tad more.
htxag09
AG
Most likely interested. What's the model and where are you located?
easttexasaggie04
AG
I've probably had this 5 or 6 years, but hardly ever used it. To be honest I'm not sure which model this is. I'm sure others will know. I'm located in Marshall, TX but can ship for an extra $20.

htxag09
AG
smart trainer?
power training?
easttexasaggie04
AG
This for sure isn't a smart trainer. It's just a basic trainer but really well made.

I believe it's just like this one, without the app for power...

https://www.kurtkinetic.com/trainers-products/kinetic-road-machine-smart
johnson2012
AG
If anyone is looking for a non-smart trainer I have a Cycleops fluid 2 that needs a new home. Climbing block to go with it as well. 5 or 6 years old, but only regularly used for about three months out of that. $100 Ag price. Located in Austin.
SteveA
AG
I can get a new Kinetic R1 for ~900...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.