Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

HIIT Workout help/ideas

2,032 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RG20
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I tried searching but could not find anything relevant.

Here is the back story. I'm early 30's, 6'2 175 lbs in decent shape not considering I don't do anything (except golf). I am not looking to drop any weight really, but looking to tone up some/gain some muscle, etc.

I already get up for work at 5:15, out the door by 5:45 and don't get home until 6 pm. We have young twins at home and time is very limited for me.

I am looking for a workout I can do in the morning, or evening that will last around fifteen/twenty minutes and that I can do outside on my patio, back yard, or in the garage.

suggestions? reading online it seems like a combo of burbees, sit-ups, planks, squats, etc seem like my best option?
g_werch
AG
Check out a used "Assault Bike". 20 seconds high intensity / 10 seconds low intensity x 30 rounds would be an awesome workout.

or maybe ten rounds, then your burpie, plank, etc. routine then ten more rounds.
wcb
AG
You may want to look into a Beachbody subscription. I've not done the Insanity workouts but it sounds like what you're looking for.
AgEng06
AG
g_werch said:

x 30 rounds
P.U.T.U
AG
Grab a sandbag or a barbell and get some cardio and "strength" workouts at the same time. You could also do some complexes like the Rooney. Do 6 reps of each and 4-8 sets with no breaks between workouts, 45 seconds between sets. You will get smoked in under 20 minutes

Deadlift
Bentover Row
Hang clean
Front squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Pushups
Hoosegow
Get a sled.

Do barbell complexes like PUTU said
https://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3818&sid=6302d4bac85a28ba17968a731af4d8d7
Class of '94
Beckdiesel03
AG
I've had good luck finding written workout routines on Pinterest. Also I'll do a search on YouTube for like 10 minute or 15 minute hiit workouts depending on how much time I can squeeze in.
Vernada
AG
Agree with the sandbag idea.

Check out Brute Force dot com. They have quality equipment and a great free app that has a workout of the day (free).
AW 1880
AG
My wife signed up for the Peloton app. She really likes it, and I noticed they had several HIIT workouts. I did a treadmill workout and was really surprised by how much it didn't suck.
A. Solzhenitsyn
Don't pay for anything.

Just Google "crossfit WODs", find some workouts you like, then do them.
Pahdz
You could look into F3 if there is a local group around you.
bam02
AG
A. Solzhenitsyn said:

Don't pay for anything.

Just Google "crossfit WODs", find some workouts you like, then do them.

Or look for a WOD generator app that does it for you. I used to have one that was awesome because you select whatever equipment you have from a very comprehensive list and it generates a WOD for you based on that equipment. It's nonlonger available but I'm sure there are similar apps.
Matsui
AG
Find tabbata songs on youtube or spotify and play them
20 secs hard work 10 sec break, repeat for 8 times. Pick 2 moves and do them. Do 4/5 rounds and you will be tired. Do some cardio bursts in between as well as you think of your next 2 moves.
txaggie_08
AG
6'2 and 175, you skinny like me. May want to look into some kind of resistance training. Sure don't need to lose weight
RG20
Do you guys do HIIT in the same workout as you lifting session or seperate it into its own workout on no lifting days?
Matsui
AG
Separate.
P.U.T.U
AG
Both, lately being busier doing both in the same workout. If I know I can get 6-7 days in I will do 1 or two days of both and the rest sepearate
AgEng06
AG
RG20 said:

Do you guys do HIIT in the same workout as you lifting session or seperate it into its own workout on no lifting days?

Do you even CrossFit, brah?
Aston04
AG
https://m.youtube.com/user/PamelaRf1

Hot and awesome high intensity workouts.
RG20
The recommendation is 1-3 days a week. I wouldn't see myself going beyond that. I need time to recover.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.