Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Brooks Launch 6

1,520 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by easttexasaggie04
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know that the Launch 6 has been out for a few months now, so I want to see if anyone has any experience with them. I have four pairs of the Launch 5 that I have really loved, but I am pretty quickly going to need to start retiring them. From what I can tell online, it seems that there were some slight changes from the 5 to the 6 but nothing too drastic.

So, anyone run put miles on the Launch 6? And if you also run or ran in the Launch 5, any similarities or differences between the two stand out?

And yes, nothing replaces going to the store and trying them on, which I will do. I'm also researching similar shoes and that sort of thing, so me asking here is a part of that larger process.
c-jags
I believe Aggie00 has. He's a big believer in the launch.

I tried them on and liked both the 5 and the 6, but I wasn't really in the market. Didn't notice a strong difference, but would have happily gotten either.
AggieOO
Have not tried the 6.

Currently in my first pair of 5s. Rode out the 3s until I couldn't find them anymore. Struggling with the 5s right now, bc they seem to be causing blisters. I've not had a blister since 2010. This is very frustrating.
ptothemo
AG
Following up on this for the sake of the search function in the future.

I got a pair of the 6's on Sunday and then put 10 miles on them this morning. They feel the same as the 5's both just trying them on and then running in them, albeit just one run and 10 miles. I was expecting that to be the case based on the fact that they really didn't change much from the 5, but I can confirm that it is the case.

I also got a pair of Pegasus 35 on the recommendation of the lady at Fleet Feet and will run in those this evening. They felt good in the store, so I am hopeful that they will on the road, too.

If anyone is interested, I also tried on the Dynaflyte 3, a shoe from On that I don't remember the name of, New Balance 880, the Epic React, Pegasus 35 Turbo, and Zoom Fly Flyknit on Sunday. It was only trying them on in the store, but I got as good of a feel for them as you can through that.
Seven Costanza
AG
I would like to get some new Brooks, but they're all just so ugly this year. I've been wearing various editions of the GTS for the last few years and would gladly buy them again if they didn't look so goofy now.
Ragoo
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I would like to get some new Brooks, but they're all just so ugly this year. I've been wearing various editions of the GTS for the last few years and would gladly buy them again if they didn't look so goofy now.
inactually just got a pair of the GTS after running in ghosts for several years.
AggieOO
Never understood caring what running shoes look like. They are functional fir me, not for fashion.
Seven Costanza
AG
I tend to wear mine everywhere I go. It is funny that I don't care about looking like a dork by wearing running shoes with jeans, but do care if the shoes look overly faddish.

I was just looking online and noticed that they have some grey ones that aren't bad looking. All I saw in the store was the navy/gold and bright blue/yellow.
Ragoo
AG
Mine go from running shoe only to cross trainer to weekend casual to lawn care to trash.
AggieOO
Seven Costanza said:

I tend to wear mine everywhere I go. It is funny that I don't care about looking like a dork by wearing running shoes with jeans, but do care if the shoes look overly faddish.

I was just looking online and noticed that they have some grey ones that aren't bad looking. All I saw in the store was the navy/gold and bright blue/yellow.

Every step you take in your running shoes when you aren't running is wearing them down faster. You should only run in running shoes until they are retired from running.
Seven Costanza
AG
easttexasaggie04
AG
"Mine go from running shoe only to cross trainer to weekend casual to lawn care to trash."

Same here. The first step is prized running shoe, then I wear them to lift weights, then the last step is to mow the grass in them... then the trash.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.