Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Medical Marijuana

6,970 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DaveAg77
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

But again, you're not being realistic.
You asked if it makes 30 seconds seem like an hour.

Let's say you plan to run your daily 5mi at 7am but dont get up in time so you plan to run after work at 5. You end up drinking 2 beers at happy hour but still go run at 5pm. Are you too drunk to jog? Are you too drunk to look at your watch and look at your time? Are you too drunk to be able to have the cognitive function to know your normal neighborhood loop? Not binge drinking 8 shots, just having a beer or two.
Going for a run after smoking a bowl is not any different. The buzz doesnt prevent you from doing those things. Your mind doesnt leave you. You dont lose the ability to look at a clock, or carry on a convo or know the route you planned to run, or tie your shoes.

So again, no, you dont lose time or think 30 seconds is an hour.

You have to be the dumbest person on this board and that's saying a lot.

It was a hyperbole that 30 seconds seems like an hour. But, when high, not drunk, time slows down for many people.
administrative errors
NoahAg said:

*<If research shows pot use could aid my marathon training and increase my chances of a BQ then I would seriously consider partaking. >

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/59k878/runners-are-using-weed-to-make-long-runs-less-miserable
Quote:

In the meantime, such reservations on the part of the medical community won't stop endurance athletes from continuing to experiment. Colorado-based ultrarunner Avery Collins, for instance, routinely competes in races that cover distances of 100 miles or more. Like Ford, he began to work THC into his training about four years ago, typically using edibles or occasional pulls from a vape pen that he'd carry on runs.

"The immediate difference I noticed was that I didn't mind what speed I was going," he says. "I was more fulfilled and happy with every run, and found that I just enjoyed every run much more." Collins says he now supplements most of his runs with cannabis, as do most of the ultrarunners he knows personally. "I honestly cant tell you the last time I met an ultrarunner who wasn't also a cannabis user," he says.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
94chem
AggieOO said:

Rudyjax said:

Geriatric Punk said:

NoahAg said:

*<If research shows pot use could aid my marathon training and increase my chances of a BQ then I would seriously consider partaking. >
You laugh, but my friend who was a Brooks ultra runner swears by it. She's pretty wild, though.

It aids significantly with recovery.
there are those in the ultra world that take it/use it during runs/races, which is generally frowned upon. Supposedly helps with disassociating from pain.

Can it make you forget your telomeres being shredded?
TxAg20
AG
I guess I'll have to avoid cannabis just to make sure I don't become an ultra runner. That **** doesn't come off in the shower.
Rudyjax
AG
I'm doing a ruck marathon.

Thinking that this may help. Do you guys suggest edibles or smoke? Too bad the race isn't in Colorado.
bigtruckguy3500
I was just discussing this with someone at work. Have you been drug tested while taking the CBD? Supposedly if there is more than trace THC they didn't get out, then you'll pop positive.
Hoosegow
I have not been tested yet.

I have extensive experience in company drug testing and ran a program for years. I have run CBD by our company d&a expert.

Here is how the progrAM works. The lab runs your sample and gets a quick hot or not determination. If you are hot, your sample is then tested with a GCMS which gives you a level. That level is then compared to a cut off level. The cut off level for THC is based I believe on 50 nanograms. This is the level that basically says you definitely smoked and removed the passive inhalation arguement.

According to my experience, research and inquiry to our current company d&a experts, I might initially pop hot, but my levels will be so low I will not be positive. All that will be reported to the company is a negative.

There are others on this thread that have been tested and came back negative.

You MUST find a reputable company though
Class of '94
AggieOO
Rudyjax said:

Thinking that this may help. Do you guys suggest edibles or smoke? Too bad the race isn't in Colorado.

If you go for edibles, but sure you know how much you are ingesting. Also, you'll probably want to test it out before event day to see how you react to the combination of being high and exercise.

Hypothetically speaking, I've heard, it's possible that it may not be a positive experience for everyone...
Rudyjax
AG
AggieOO said:

Rudyjax said:

If you go for edibles, but sure you know how much you are ingesting. Also, you'll probably want to test it out before event day to see how you react to the combination of being high and exercise.

Hypothetically speaking, I've heard, it's possible that it may not be a positive experience for everyone...

Yeah. Never do anything for the first time on race day!
hph6203
AG
What concentration/form are you using? I've been researching it lately for my mom who has hip and knee pain.

Edit: If you've never smoked, you definitely don't want to dive straight into edibles.
Hoosegow
I haven't got into the lingo yet, but I'm using the 1000mg/30ml cbd oil

https://hempbombs.com/product/1000mg-cbd-oil/

I use 2-4 times a day - about 8-10 drops and maybe 15 before bed. I sleep better than when I used ambien just about every night.
Class of '94
hph6203
AG
That's what I wanted to know, thanks.

I might not be using the right lingo, but by concentration I meant the mg vs ml if using oils. Thank you for including dosages as well. I was curious about it as a sleep aid. It comes in vapes, waxes (for vaping), edibles (gummies), oils, pills, topical creams and isolates that let you put it in your own form.
administrative errors
If it doesn't affect your career, the most effective solutions are full spectrum which contains some thc, and other cannabinoids, not solely cbd.

Theory is that THC helps CBD bind to your cannabinoid receptors (cb1/cb2).
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
yippee2
AG
Does CBD have any interaction with heart meds or anxiety meds?
Hoosegow
I dont know. An old friend of mine just told me she hasn't used her anxiety meds for a week. She started taking CBD...

1.5 weeks ago
Class of '94
aggie4231
AG
yippee2 said:

Does CBD have any interaction with heart meds or anxiety meds?

I tried CBD pills for about a month (would keep using, just haven't had a chance to get more). Was suggested to take about 1.5 hrs after taking my blood pressure meds. Normally took them about 2 hrs after waking up (I work nights).

That was the best month of sleep I've had. I normally wake up every couple hrs (while working at the rig, even while using melatonin), with the CBD I would normally only wake up once.

I need to pick up some more CBD.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
RickSawyer
AG
Hoosegow said:

I have not been tested yet.

I have extensive experience in company drug testing and ran a program for years. I have run CBD by our company d&a expert.

Here is how the progrAM works. The lab runs your sample and gets a quick hot or not determination. If you are hot, your sample is then tested with a GCMS which gives you a level. That level is then compared to a cut off level. The cut off level for THC is based I believe on 50 nanograms. This is the level that basically says you definitely smoked and removed the passive inhalation arguement.

According to my experience, research and inquiry to our current company d&a experts, I might initially pop hot, but my levels will be so low I will not be positive. All that will be reported to the company is a negative.

There are others on this thread that have been tested and came back negative.

You MUST find a reputable company though

Can confirm, I use cbd oil and smoke high cbd 'no' thc flower (tweedlefarms prerolls) and have passed two hair tests. I am not saying my results mean everyone is in the clear but I have antidotal truth that thc didn't show up in one of the more rigorous testing methods for drug use analysis.
Geffely
As for me, I use Medical Marijuana and other CBD containing products to deal with insomnia and it helps me a lot. I think it is a really good solution if you proprely use it...
Boo Weekley
I see a lot of places advertising CBD here in Houston, but is that the good stuff or just hemp seed oil? Where is a good place to get legit CBD oil from?
JeepWaveEarl
AG
We started on UltraCell cbd (0% thc) a few months ago after needing to find one for a variety of things that we needed help with and it made a huge difference for our family...both adults and children...after a lot of research we went with it due to the water soluble and absorption rate (~94% vs industry standard 3-6%). Based out of Argyle, mayo clinic studies, etc. Full disclosure for transparency: I now sell it after seeing what it did for us...it'll be something in our repertoire for a long time so we get a healthy discount, too.
Boo Weekley
CBD Cannabis Oil is illegal in Texas and many other states. CBD Hemp Oil seems like something entirely different...and much less concentrated.

Guess you have to go to another state for the good stuff?
Hoosegow
CBD is CBD - from hemp or from Mary Jane... it doesnt matter. From what I read, there are some synergistic effects of using THC and CBD that obviously you cant get legally in Texas.

Aggoddess, I'll try your stuff.

For what it is worth, as bad as my shoulder hurts today, I'd almost risk my job and my freedom to smoke a big bowl to get some relief.
Class of '94
AggieOO
I'm going to Cali in a few weeks for a 100 miler. Planning on looking into those synergistic effects for recovery. My job does not test for marijuana, and only tests when you are hired anyway.
Hoosegow
That's awesome OO. You know how much I respect your azz so I'm really interested in your take.
Class of '94
zip04
AG
I am more of a conservative leaning libertarian. I feel we as a country are WAY over regulated, which is driving businesses overseas. This is another example of over regulation. It should be legal for recreational use.

I have never used, and can't (to include CBD oil) due to being in the military. However, my wife has suffered from pretty severe anxiety her entire life. We ordered the CBD oil below, and it has been a complete game changer. I can't imagine what a prescription strength 20:1 tincture would do for her.

https://shop.rrmeds.com/collections/tinctures/products/1000mg-tincture
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Email me... whoop03@geeeeemail.com

My husband had a debilitating herniated disc and was going to have to have surgery, could barely walk, etc. He has been able to incorporate it and the inflammation reduction has kept him from having to have surgery. We also have other things it's greatly impacted in our family I'd rather discuss personally if interested. It's worth a try... we'd have never known ourselves.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
This is awesome! I'm glad it's brought her some relief. I started looking into it originally to be able to reduce my anxiety and depression as a result of our son passing years ago.... it ended up impacting everyone in some way positively... basically changed my life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
lazuras_dc
AG
I'm interested in the ultracell as I do not see other products claim a % if bioavailability and wonder what makes ultra cells so high ? It's also quite a bit more expensive than other products.

Currently use cbdistillery full spectrum 500mg/30ml which equates to 16-17mg per ml which I take a whole dropper under tongue before bed. I feel like I toss and turn less and sleep much better.

For those asking about dosage just divide the numbers and you'll get how many mg in each ml

From what I read full spectrum is more effective at a range of doses bc of the slight amount of THC in it. Pure extract works in a much narrower window. I found this to be the case as I think a dropper of 500mg/30ml pure cbd did not do anything for me where as full spectrum I can tell ! I researched it after the trying both. My only gripe is full spectrum tastes like marijuana and it's not very pleasant.
administrative errors
We [Delta valley logistics] have 800 acres growing for smokable high cbd hemp in canada.

We also have a retail arm with variety of products [Fat Rabbit Farms].

It's not ready for the prime time yet, as we are still getting our labeling in order, but soon I'd like to either create concurrently or separately a subscription service for cbd.

I'm adhd, and one of the hardest things to do for me was refill my prescriptions, so I think this would be very helpful for 'my people.'

If you are interested, we have edibles, topicals, tinctures (alcohol and oil-based), dog treats, unfortunately we do not currently sell the water soluble products.

We have a 1200mg cbd tincture in a 30ml. Each full dropper would dose 40mgs.

For first timers that aren't sure "if it even works at all" I would try one or two droppers, hold under tongue as long as possible and then swallow.

For your own sake, keep a journal. Write down what you notice, whether racing thoughts move into the background, pain relief, stress levels, whatever you think you notice. Then try smaller doses and see where the "most product efficient/cost effective" dose is to achieve desired results.

If you can, please share your dose, symptom relief, etc with us all. If you have a bad experience with a vendor please also share. Trust and reputation are THE most important aspects of this industry, let's keep the bad actors out and the rest honest.

If you're at all interested in a monthly service, please reach me at cryptohemp@Gmail and I'll keep you in the loop when it's ready.

Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
AggieOO
Picked up some 2:1 cbd in cali. I'm taking some time off from big mileage, but I'll put it to use at some point. And see if it makes a bigger difference in recovery.

They had everything from 1:1 to 36:1. Really have no idea what ratio is best, but figured I'd start there and see.
Hoosegow
2thc
1 CBD
?
Class of '94
AggieOO
2:1 ratio of CBD to THC.
DaveAg77
AG
Boo Weekley said:

I see a lot of places advertising CBD here in Houston, but is that the good stuff or just hemp seed oil? Where is a good place to get legit CBD oil from?

All:
I have a VERY reputable CBD source where you can get your CBD online. It's with a company called CTFO. I used it to recover from severe bladder issues which persisted after a successful prostate surgery last December. It literally gave me my life back.

The following are a few of the basics of WHY I believe that CTFO offers the best CBD products available.

INGREDIENTS... there should not be more than two ingredients. CBD is so potent that it needs a carrier OIL to get it into your system without the liver flushing it out of our system. Also, a natural flavoring to offset the taste of CBD CTFO uses pure phyto-cannabinoid rich HEMP OIL and a mild natural flavor. You don't have to shake it and it does not need refrigeration.

ORGANIC... a pure, chemical free environment.

GMP CERTIFIED... Good Manufacturing Practices Certified. Meaning the government monitors all processes and ensures what the label says is exactly what's in the bottle. Very, very few companies qualify to carry this seal.

INDEPENDENT LAB CERTIFIED... and these reports should be readily available. CTFO CBD is tested three times by Different Independent Labs. Our Certified Lab Reports are readily available on our website and for the asking.

CRUELTY FREE... no animal testing

NO THC... the government classifies 0.3% THC as zero THC. Depending on which product you buy from CTFO we have between 0.000% THC and 0.2% THC. Well below the government regulation.

GUARANTEE... We believe so strongly in the Purity and Quality of our products that they ALL carry a 60 DAY EMPTY BOTTLE REFUND GUARANTEE NO QUESTIONS ASKED, unheard of in the industry.

10XPURE... we are also the only company with a worldwide EXCLUSIVE & PATENTED 10xPURE CBD HEMP OIL. Studies are show that CBDA as many health benefits as cbd and our 10xPure gets BOTH CBDA & cbd to areas of the body it needs to in perfect form.

CTFO offers the highest quality, GROWN & MADE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CBD HEMP OIL.

For more information, PM me on how to get it.

Dave
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.