Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

COWTOWN 2019

4,041 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rudyjax
Geriatric Punk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UPDATE:

Sister in law is looking like she is going to flake. I can't say I fully blame her, because she will have my 2.5 year old while the rest of us race. Still keep an eye out at mile 12. Will be a race day thing with her.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
ENG
AG
First major event in over 25 years, got back into running recently (marathoner gf, duh). This will be my first half and in my hometown, I can't wait. Some long training days but have put my miles. Only goal is a sub 2 hr finish. I'm hoping for better. Good luck to all and see ya out there!
wbt5845
AG
First HM in that long and shooting for sub 2:00 is pretty good. I am shooting for 2:10 but this is my fourth in the last year.
Rudyjax
AG
Looking forward to just running the half here.

I've run the full twice and always thought, this is a great half course.

Bones08
AG
After taking a few years off, I'll be running the half on 8 weeks training. Hoping for a sub 2:20.

Weather looks like it was be nice.
ptothemo
AG
Y'all have a good race today, run on!
wangus12
AG
Managed to crank out a 1:55 on almost no training over the last 6 months. Great weather

Sad to say I ran a hole through my favorite BCS Marathon 2014 swiftwick socks and have a massive blister. The end of an era and innumerable miles
wbt5845
AG
2:18 - blech. I hit Mile 12 and had no shot at making my goal of 2:10 so I let up and coasted in. Still better than last year though.

EDIT - you may have seen me. I was wearing the I HATE RUNNING t-shirt today. Got a few hundred cheers from the crowds for that.
Rudyjax
AG
Not a PR but my PR for today.
MEENag
AG
Finished my first Ultra/50k today. Weather was awesome and I felt great throughout. I was able to make it under 5 hours, which I didn't expect based on training times.

Congrats all.
wbt5845
AG
MEENag said:

Finished my first Ultra/50k today. Weather was awesome and I felt great throughout. I was able to make it under 5 hours, which I didn't expect based on training times.

Congrats all.

Congrats. But I gotta admit running for 5 hours has no appeal to me.
Rudyjax
AG
wbt5845 said:

MEENag said:

Congrats all.

Congrats. But I gotta admit running for 5 hours has no appeal to me.

Just run faster. Duh.
GMM
Great weather again. Took 9 minutes off my half marathon PR. Definitely going to be feeling it tomorrow!
The Grinder (99)
AG
PR today. My first half, so it was bound to be. 2:07.

Was hoping/expecting sub 2:10. Dreaming of sun 2:00.

Mile 9 was hard but not a significant drop on pace. Mile 10 was still at my average. By this point I would have needed to sprint it and that wasn't happening. Just ran outta gas at 12 and 13 withmkre than a minute slower pace.

It was fun. Weather was great. Fans were better. Cowtown put on a great race!
Phat32
AG
2nd 26.2 today and the wheels fell off later than previously for a 7 minute PR (3:57). Primary goal was sub 4, so I'm pleased.

The full course is very sneaky hilly.

Great day for running! Congrats everyone.
wbt5845
AG
GD I hurt like a MFer this morning. This 56 year old body isn't made for distance running!
ENG
AG
My first half in the books, 1:55. Perfect weather, had a blast.
Bones08
AG
Yea, what a great race day. First half marathon for me in 6+ years. Ran a 2:14 which beat my goal of 2:20.

Still far away from the times I was putting down in 2010-2012, but progress nonetheless.
DaveHimself
AG
Great weather, great race. I beat my goal by 5 seconds (1:44:55) which is also a PR so I'm happy.
Geriatric Punk
gd28
AG
Freakin perfect weather yesterday and an awesome day. 13.1 PRs for me and my wife and already ticking 2019 goals off the list! Love this race, definitely my favorite half.
O.G.
Anyone else get some of the Chick Soup after the race? Totally counterintuitive, I know, but it was warm and it hit the spot. Totally surprised me.

Oh, and my performance was horrible. Almost an hour slower than my PR. Foot issues. #rehab.
Rudyjax
AG
SAWgunner said:

Anyone else get some of the Chick Soup after the race? Totally counterintuitive, I know, but it was warm and it hit the spot. Totally surprised me.

Oh, and my performance was horrible. Almost an hour slower than my PR. Foot issues. #rehab.

Something hot was the last thing I wanted.

Last year I chugged one of the yogurts. Made it all the way to the trash can.
O.G.
Rudyjax said:

SAWgunner said:

Something hot was the last thing I wanted.

Last year I chugged one of the yogurts. Made it all the way to the trash can.
Everything was "off" for me, so I was freezing when I finished, so something warm hit the spot for me. I barely finished one beer and gave my 2nd one away....if you know me, you KNOW thats not normal....of course it was Miller Lite sooooo no loss.....
Rudyjax
AG
That sucks. Apparently I averaged at max heart rate for the entire race which explains why I felt so bad.

I doubt I averaged 173 and spiked at 200. Thoughts?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.