Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

TexAgs Zwifters

3,701 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JeremiahJohnson
valtosca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAgs Zwifters Thread! Looked for one and couldn't fine one. If it already exists, please ban user and delete thread.

Please feel free to add me on Zwift. I am "Patrick TexAgs" with a USA flag. Who else is on Zwift? Consider adding "TexAgs" to your name. Also, let's figure out how to get Aggie branded gear.
claym711
AG
IN. Possible to organize group rides / races?
dave99ag
AG
I'm curious to know your setup. I have an older ANT+ PowerTap that I think I can sync up to my AppleTV with a CABLE ANT+ -> Bluetooth dongle. Then I just ride on my Kurt Kinetic trainer. Zwift seems like a better option for me than Peleton as I never really enjoyed spin classes.

Life with two little ones has pretty much negated riding for me, so Zwift has me curious.

valtosca
AG
Kickr Core ($778 after REI 20% off full price coupon plus tax) + Cassette (~$40) + Bike ($1,200) = ~$2K all in.

The Kickr Core is direct drive and more than enough capabilities for a novice like myself. The biggest selling point is that the unit itself is silent. You will only hear the bike which is no different than road riding.

I have it set up in my study with a TV and an Apple TV.
farmersfight
AG
IN, I picked Zwift back up this month after the cold weather ended March last year

I've got a Kickr Snap, and garmin HRM Tri that I connect thru my CABLE ANT+. Stream that to AppleTV or to my laptop for longer rides so I can binge on something on the tv
johnson2012
AG
Similar boat for me. 4 month old made it a bit more difficult to get decent rides in outdoors, so trainer is an easy fix.

I was using a fluid2 ("dumb" trainer) with speed/cadence censor on the bike through the computer when I first tried out zwift. Worked fine, but the power estimates were wayy off and made some of the sprints/climbs in zwift less fun because of my wild all over the board numbers.

Now I use a Kickr Core like the poster above. Direct drive is fantastic and the trainer itself is solid. I run everything through my laptop. Number one for me is that it'll fit my MTB, so I'm not stuck on my road bike. Core isn't height adjustable though, so it can make the angle of the MTB a bit off.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I am on Zwift off my iPad ... Use the Original Wahoo Kickr.

I am in the process of building a Rockr Plate for it. This should be interesting.

Handle: BR Mind Right
Ragoo
AG
Tyler Ragoo TexAgs is my zwift handle

I use a cycleops Magnus and run zwift off of my iPhone with a lightening to vga conversion to an older monitor.
OldAg93
AG
Still trying to get a feel for it, but the two rides I've done were much more entertaining than TrainerRoad or channel surfing.

Learned the hard way last Saturday that the PC software is a battery hog. Drained the batter 57:00 into the meet-up my coach was hosting.

Def interested in group rides or meet-ups. Chris K is my handle.
farmersfight
AG
user is Andy Hood
JeremiahJohnson
AG
farmersfight said:

user is Andy Hood

Just got your Add. Followed
JeremiahJohnson
AG
OldAg93 said:

Still trying to get a feel for it, but the two rides I've done were much more entertaining than TrainerRoad or channel surfing.

Learned the hard way last Saturday that the PC software is a battery hog. Drained the batter 57:00 into the meet-up my coach was hosting.

Def interested in group rides or meet-ups. Chris K is my handle.

If you have a trainer with ERG mode, try some of their workouts. They have some good ones. Or create your own. I transfer a lot of my Training Peaks workouts to there and it has worked very well.
OldAg93
AG
Yeah I have a KICKR SNAP. Might have to try exporting my Training Peaks workouts into Zwift. With the weather being iffy this weekend this may be a good time to try.
Ragoo
AG
aggie1819 said:

I am in the process of building a Rockr Plate for it. This should be interesting.

BR Mind Right didn't come up
Ragoo
AG
There are 1 million Chris Ks.

I got you now.
OldAg93
AG
ADD THEM ALL!

Mine is the one with the IM picture in the background. I'm running down the red carpet.
valtosca
AG
I've gotten a few of y'all already. I changed the original post to encourage others to add "TexAgs" to their name and my Zwift name is now "Patrick TexAgs".
farmersfight
AG
shamelessly added my post IM pic...
Ragoo
AG
Updated my handle above
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Ragoo said:

aggie1819 said:

BR Mind Right didn't come up

Sorry on Zwift now. : Blake R (Mind Right)
Ragoo
AG
Added you
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Received! If you haven't already DL the David Goggin's Audiobook - "Can't Hurt Me" It has been my training motivation since it came out last month.

https://instagr.am/p/BszLJAIlWJF
farmersfight
AG
Thought about zwifting today or tomorrow but decided to save legs for marathon! Skipping the alpe ride on the tour de zwift!
TurboVelo
AG
I use it almost daily, even during racing season. Intervals in the morning, crits in the evening.

I'd be up for "meeting up".
Swarely
The performance bicycle near me is going out of business. I keep stopping by every couple days looking at their smart trainers. They're 30% off right now, if they somehow dip below 50% I think I'll pull the trigger. Then I'll join y'all.
Ragoo
AG
Swarely said:

The performance bicycle near me is going out of business. I keep stopping by every couple days looking at their smart trainers. They're 30% off right now, if they somehow dip below 50% I think I'll pull the trigger. Then I'll join y'all.
whoa let us know. They have a website?
Swarely
Looks like it is all their locations actually.

https://www.performancebike.com/shop/importantupdate
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Ok. I have a bike and an iPad. What do I need to get to get zwifting? Smart trainer and what else? How do I get set up? Help an old out. Thanks.
TurboVelo
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

Ok. I have a bike and an iPad. What do I need to get to get zwifting? Smart trainer and what else? How do I get set up? Help an old out. Thanks.
Just a bike, any trainer, and an ANT+ speed sensor will get you rolling.

However, for any degree of accuracy, a power meter and/or a smart trainer are needed.

This tells you everything: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/what-do-i-need-to-start-riding-in-zwift-B18y0kZB7
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

If you are using an iPad you need to get Bluetooth sensors. HR and cadence if going with smart trainer.

If going with dumb trainer : HR, speed and cadence.

Wahoo makes good Bluetooth sensors.
newhowdyag2004
I'm in the process of looking for a bike (my first) and then will get to Kickr core.

Do y'all ever ride at 5am?
valtosca
AG
Anyone want to try a meet up at 5:25 this coming Wednesday morning?

I appreciate all the new adds. It's always motivational to see what everyone else is doing. Keep it up Ags!
Swarely
Can I run zwift on my chromebook?
valtosca
AG
Swarely said:

Can I run zwift on my chromebook?

Got the following reply from Zwift: "Thanks for messaging in. We're sorry but Zwift is not available compatible with Chromebook. Cheers!"

It works on iPhones but not android yet. If you're needing to buy something the AppleTv would be the least expensive option.
Diggity
AG
I know nothing about trainers or if this thing is any good but the price looks good:

Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer $250 for new customers
https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/454825
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.