Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

My Physical Therapy Business is Open

8,605 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiederelict
aggiederelict
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for checking in. Does resisted knee flexion reproduce your pain? You said palpating laterally wasn't really your pain which is where biceps femoris runs along. And yes distal tendopathy can happen but but not as common as proximal.

And the first year in business was really good. If anyone else here in Austin is in need of PT, I would be to help. And if I can't help, I will point you in the right direction.
bigtruckguy3500
Good to hear the business is doing well. Most of my family has a small business of their own, and so I know how scary it can be starting one up.

In regards to my knee. It used to hurt if I tried rotating my tibia internally with my foot planted in a seated position, but not so much just doing resisted knee flexion. Unless I externally rotate all the way to get my foot pointing as far back as possible and then flex the knee. Although all that's diminishing with me doing no lower body stuff for a week. And it's a little tender to palpation from the popliteal fossa area palpating laterally (palpating laterally from the medial side of the biceps) - so possibly short head of the biceps femoris?

When I kneel, or go into full flexion, with my heel lateral to my thigh, I definitely feel it the most. Feels like there's a balloon there under pressure. Not in the popliteal fossa, so don't think it's a baker's cyst. Pretty sure it's that distal tendon/musculotendinous junction area, but just seems like a weird thing to have. At first, I kinda thought I the discomfort was from stretching the popliteus, but then I talked and experimented myself out of that.

Will try taking another week or so off and see what happens. Then ease back into everything again, even slower. Any other suggestions?

aggiederelict
Sorry the delayed response. Stepped away with the holidays and now just getting back to it.

So loading it causes the most pain? Or does resisted knee flexion cause more pain? Have you thought maybe your posterior horn of your meniscus is involved? It can present like that.

How is it feeling now that you have give it some rest?
bigtruckguy3500
No problem. Hope your holidays were good. I'd say loading, like in a deep squat. But it's more reproducible with just full flexion and no loading. Menincus crossed my mind, but in the absence of an injury, I'd think it less likely.

It seems to be getting better. Despite rest, it felt like it was getting worse for about a week, then it started to slowly improve. I can now climb into bed (going into full flexion), and do other things that would've caused some discomfort. I've got to really crank it into flexion now for it to hurt. I'm getting antsy though, not squatting or running. But I'll give it at least another week before returning to short, light jogs. And if that's ok, I'll start getting back to weights (lighter).

If it comes back after that, and I can find the time, I'll see about hitting up PT.

Thanks
Vernada
AG

aggiederelic - can you recommend a PT in New Braunfels?
aggiederelict
What problems you having?

Here is an option I found in the area. Looks like an Aggie owned business.

https://www.mintphysicaltherapy.com/our-practice

Vernada
AG
Started having some random shoulder pain. Last week it was just my right shoulder - just thought maybe that was from decades of tennis in a previous life. But this week, my left shoulder has started hurting too... like pull open a door and I get a little shot of pain. Nothing terrible, but enough to make me wonder what's going on.

I've been doing a lot of pushups & shoulder presses this month - so maybe it's related and nothing to worry about.
wangus12
AG
My God the H&F board is falling apart
aggiederelict
Sounds like your volume with lifting is contributing to this. Back off a little and see how the shoulders feel. If that doesn't work, might be time to go see someone about it.
aggiederelict
Texags,

Anyone in need of a virtual PT visit? I am going to start offering those through my business and wanted to see if anyone was interested.

Big discount compared to a in-person evaluation and treatment. Let me know and I can get it setup right away.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.