Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

My Physical Therapy Business is Open

8,592 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiederelict
aggiederelict
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know. I know. Buy an ad. I have been on this board for 10+ years providing insight into people's injuries and pointing them in the right direction.

I have taken the plunge into my owning my own physical therapy practice here in Austin called Axiom Physiotherapy. I just opened my doors a few weeks ago.

I focus on manual therapy and work with plenty of athletes as well. I make custom orthotics, do dry needling, and provide high-speed run analysis.

If you are in the Austin area and are dealing with an injury please feel free to reach me out personally at 512-808-3904 and I would be glad to help. And if I can't, I will point you in the right direction.

axiompt.com
AggieOO
bigtruckguy3500
If I was in Austin I'd definitely come by just for the dry needling. That's some good stuff.
Swarely
I've never heard of dry needling. How soon after can you go back to working out? I may swing by just to say howdy. Doubt I could afford much of your services.
TurboVelo
AG
Dang, I wish you were in D/FW. Good luck! We'll be rooting for you.
Quinn
stuckinaustinAG
AG
aggiederelict
I will provide a nice Texags discount for the Health and Fitness board.

As far as dry needling, after the first session I advise people to take it easy. But most can return the next day to working out.
aggiederelict
If you need someone in Dallas I can find you someone. Where in Dallas are you?
aggiederelict
It is just me for now but I would bring on a massage therapist in the future. Thanks.
AggieOO
You weren't previously with TxPTS were you?
aggiederelict
No. Only worked at small private practices here in Austin.
The Pilot
AG
Best of luck.
wangus12
AG
If I'm ever down in Austin, I'll hit you up
AggieOO
Your name looks really familiar, and my wife worked at TxPTS for a while, so thought maybe we'd crossed paths.
aggiederelict
Aggie00, where does your wife work now? Did she like working for TxPTs?
AggieOO
She's still with airrosti.

She liked TxPTS. All the people seemed nice. I went to the company christmas party and a few get-togethers with her. She started volunteering there while going back to school (originally was looking at getting her DPT), then they offered her a tech job. Somewhere along the way, she decided going back to school wasn't for her...guessing it was a combination of driving down to San Marcos for some classes and all over Austin for ACC classes, plus a potential move/being apart depending on where she got accepted. Anyway, at some point she got introduced to airrosti, interviewed, and she accepted since it was a real salary with benefits. This was all before we were married, so benefits was a huge deal at the time.
aggiederelict
Good to hear. You guys have a little one now?
AggieOO
Yeah, 5 month old daughter.
ptothemo
AG
In honor of Aggie baseball starting up here pretty soon, all I have to say is "buy a ticket!"
Aggietaco
AG
You're in a pretty fancy part of town for a start-up!

Close to my main office, I'll give you a holler and stop by sometime in the near future, especially if you think you can do something for some achilles pain that doesn't involve resting for 8 weeks.
mrsbeer05
AG
Man, I wish you were in Houston. I'm looking to try dry needling.
aggiederelict
I would be glad to help. And a lot can be done for Achilles issues more than just resting. Feel free to text or call me at 512-808-3904. I will offer you a free assessment to see if I can help and provide some guidance on what to do.
aggiederelict
Mrs, where are you in Houston? I can find you someone that can help.
mrsbeer05
AG
Yes. The south side ( Friendswood/ Clear Lake)
The_Thinker
Am I correct in saying you are doing prescription physical therapy as well as the other stuff? I have been avoiding PT for years, might go see an Aggie.
aggiederelict
Mrs. Beer,

Let me look around and find you someone in the area that could help you.
aggiederelict
Yes I do standard PT but also additional services such as custom orthotics, dry needling, and high speed running analysis all in one place. If you are interested in those service I would be glad to help.

Also, if you have an injury and your aren't sure what to do about it you can come in for a free session and I can point you in the right direction.
aggiederelict
Mrs. Beer,

Looks like Valeo PT in Clear Lake does dry needling and has good reviews. Might be worth giving them a call. Let me know if you need any other help.
AggieLAX
AG
Congratulations, aggiederelict! Owning your own business is tough but worth it.
AgPT06
AG
Congrats. Opened my practice 2 yrs ago. Looked at your website. Well done. Just be careful with your statement about seeing medicare patients. You're playing with fire there and I think you would be better to just say you cannot see anyone with medicare. I'm sure you consulted legal/compliance help, but PTs cannot opt out of MC. We kicked around all the options and ultimately enrolled. If you are really sports based, why risk legal issues.
aggiederelict
It has been discussed in detail with a healthcare attorney. I see very few Medicare patients and if anyone shows any hesitation about superbills I find them another PT.
aggiederelict
AgPT, where is your clinic located? How is business?
AgPT06
AG
Clinic is just down the road in New Braunfels. I had to work PRN for first 16 months in some capacity. Last 8 months being able to be full time at my place has helped with growth. Growing monthly. We have a partnership with us both full time and just hired a part time therapist. Lean and mean with expenses and good, hands on service is key. It's a lot of work but worth it and I dont dread going to work.
aggiederelict
Keeping overhead low is key. I just have one treatment room and a small waiting room. How big is your place?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.