Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2019 New York City Marathon

6,175 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CDub06
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Already passed and dropped
wangus12
AG
So there is non-pro runner in 4th although it sounds like he knows/trains with some of the east Africans
Swarely
bushytailed
AG
Saw an Aggie shirt around 11.5. I yelled Gig 'em and got a thumbs up in response. Most likely in the first wave of runners. Not sure if that was anyone here, but congrats on your race!
Swarely
I actually met a couple Aggies today running, but none were sporting any gear. I wore Texas flag socks and got real excited to see a spectator waving a Texas flag! Then I realized it was a Chilean flag. Lol
TwoMarksHand
AG
I only saw one Aggie. She was at mile 8 and couldn't hear me due to the band and crowd.

I did see a gal at the 35k mile with what I though was an Maroon AM hat on. I yelled Whoop! at her, and when she turned I saw her hat said FORDHAM. I felt dumb.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Swarely said:

I actually met a couple Aggies today running, but none were sporting any gear. I wore Texas flag socks and got real excited to see a spectator waving a Texas flag! Then I realized it was a Chilean flag. Lol

Wife said the same thing!
Swarely
About meeting Ags, or the Chilean flag?
JT88
AG
What a spectacular day!
Second time to run nyc and I will do it every time they pull my name from the hat.
Aggie baseball cap got a couple of yells from the crowd.
As others have said, the ferry ride is a free float-by of the Statue of Liberty and sunrise over Brooklyn.
The queensboro bridge (just past the halfway mark) feels like death. Crowds are awesome! Loved the choir on the front steps of the church.
If at all possible, do NOT do a bag check - you get a free poncho, but more importantly you get OUT of the park more quickly when it is done.
Really sad it's over.
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Chili flag
bert harbinson
AG
htxag09 said:

And for those interested in next year. Looks like they're doing an "early bird" drawing if you register before Nov 5. Only 50 spots, but you go into the general drawing if not picked.

Registered last night. Not likely to happen but WTH. Born in Staten Island, so if I'm ever going to do one of the majors, this is my top choice.
CDub06
AG
Thanks for the reminder.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.