Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Dryuary 2019

20,219 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Swarely
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had 1 beer this year (ironically at my pastors house).

It has certainly crossed my mind to have a couple, but when my 2 year old comes running in at 745 in the morning I'm reminded why being hungover then would suck.
mrsbeer05
AG
Tried Heineken 0.0 at the Woodlands Half Marathon Saturday and it tastes pretty decent. I also got a massive personal record so maybe there is something to not drinking
AggieOO
Regular Heineken is terrible. You are probably just desperate for a beer. Heineken, along with rolling rock and Corona are three beers I won't even drink if they are free.

I'm down ~12lbs so far on the year from not drinking and staying consistent with my training.
Guitarsoup
AG
Dry since Christmas
Swarely
71 days in and my motivation is pretty much gone. I am in Colorado skiing and on the walk to the car after the last run all I could think about is how good a beer would be.
AggieOO
Funny..ish that this gets bumped. I'm drinking for the first time in a few weeks. Unplanned, but first time I've saw a friend in a year. Didn't even have that much, and I'm already dreading tomorrow. Won't be hungover, but will probably just feel lethargic.
AggieOO
Swarely said:

71 days in and my motivation is pretty much gone. I am in Colorado skiing and on the walk to the car after the last run all I could think about is how good a beer would be.

You are in Colorado, there are other things...
Swarely
Haha fair enough. Don't do that though.
mrsbeer05
AG
I'm just tired of not getting to enjoy a glass of wine with great food. Just came back from a week in DC without a drop of alcohol and it was very sad.
Vernada
AG
I've left my default setting at 'not drinking' but have had a few here and there. At the end of the day, I just feel so much better when I'm not drinking.

P.U.T.U
AG
While I have gone sober for periods of time (8 or 10 weeks before an Ironman was my longest) there were times when I wanted a glass of wine with a steak since I think it enhances the meal, when relaxing with some friends at the lake, etc. when looking back at it I should have. It is when you have the next five or ten and let it take control of you is when you have an issue.

After a few weeks it seems you lose a lot of your cravings which is why resetting for a month is a good thing to do. I read an article a while ago that if you go sober for 4 weeks your alcohol consumption for the rest of the year goes down significantly.
Dr. Gonzo
Still hanging in there, although I imagine may have a drink or two this week being on a Spring Break vacation with the kids.
mrsbeer05
AG
Well I'm gonna be dry for a year. The GI doc told me hell no to my idea of an occasional drink
AggieOO
That sucks.

I just wrapped up a guy's weekend. Back to sobriety until end of April when we go to a wedding.
Swarely
That sucks. What's his reasoning? It's you pancreas right?
mrsbeer05
AG
Swarely said:

That sucks. What's his reasoning? It's you pancreas right?
Bingo! He said he would love to tell me it was fine, but that he's had too many patients that regretted it. Also, the pancreas is really fickle and even though I had only a mild flare up at Christmas, I could easily have a massive attack next time that results in hospitalization/death. Considering I really like being alive, I'm good with my fake beers. I'm also training for my first triathlon so I'm using that as a reason to not drink. Not sure what will happen on the tri is over.
Guitarsoup
AG
Made it through my birthday weekend, still haven't had a drink since Christmas. Don't really have an end goal here, but I also don't miss it.
Swarely
Had a non alcoholic beer the other day and was like "damn, I miss this". And yes, I know there is *some* alcohol in them. Currently sitting at day 95.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.