Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Adding running to the routine

794 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wangus12
newhowdyag2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been doing powerlifting w/o's for a while, but tonight started running again. It's been easily 4 years since I last ran and pretty happy with the 2.5 mile run tonight. I used to run a lot more for fun in my early 20's, but at 36 I'm starting over.

I need shoes (ran in my old Brooks), a reflective belt, and a running canteen for my phone as well. What do y'all suggest (starting with the shoes).

It will be mostly on pavement.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Go to a running store and try on a bunch of different pairs. A good place will watch you walk at a minimum, better yet if they look at your stride, and make suggestions based on your gait.

I am partial to Brooks but you may find that another shoe suits you better.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiespartan
AG
I like my Nathan handheld water bottle. I also have the Tracer 360 light vest. It's ridiculous but I love it.
newhowdyag2004
That light vest is cool! Where I live it's pitch black (no street lights) so it'll be perfect. Plus some people may think they saw a UFO in the distance!
wangus12
AG
I also have the Noxgear vest and a Nathan handheld bottle. Both are great. They usually have discounts this time of year on the vest as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.