Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fargo Marathon Help

954 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 94chem
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know that it was discussed as a part of another thread a while back, but I want to start a new one so that people will see it. I am looking at Fargo for my next marathon and have some questions. They can probably all be answered by google to some degree, but I'd prefer some real human help.

If I fly directly into Fargo, do I need to rent a car? Is uber/lyft available and/or prevalent? I don't need to be super mobile as I will really just be there to race, but I still want to be able to get around.

What are the aid stations like during the race? Do they have gels at any of them? I am used to having someone at each race so that I don't have to carry all my gels the whole way but will probably be alone in May.

Are there any areas to avoid hotel wise? Recognizing where it is and that being less likely, I just have to ask to be safe.

Any other advice or experience that will be helpful?

Thanks, y'all!
The Pilot
AG
It's not a real big race so not sure how much help you'll get here. you might try marathonguide.com.
ptothemo
AG
Yeah, I went through a few pages on there and didn't really find exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, though!

Just went back and found the thread from before and realized that there was just one person on there who had run Fargo before. I thought I remembered more than that but oh well.

Paging JHUAggie.....
BQ2001
AG
Could also check out the Marathon Maniacs page on Facebook and ask there. I'm sure you will get some answers there
ptothemo
AG
I had to reactivate my Facebook account in order to do so, but I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
JHUAggie
ptothemo said:

I know that it was discussed as a part of another thread a while back, but I want to start a new one so that people will see it. I am looking at Fargo for my next marathon and have some questions. They can probably all be answered by google to some degree, but I'd prefer some real human help.

If I fly directly into Fargo, do I need to rent a car? Is uber/lyft available and/or prevalent? I don't need to be super mobile as I will really just be there to race, but I still want to be able to get around.

What are the aid stations like during the race? Do they have gels at any of them? I am used to having someone at each race so that I don't have to carry all my gels the whole way but will probably be alone in May.

Are there any areas to avoid hotel wise? Recognizing where it is and that being less likely, I just have to ask to be safe.

Any other advice or experience that will be helpful?

Thanks, y'all!

Sorry just saw this thread...

I can't answer the transportation issue as we drove to Fargo from NE Minnesota. I assume Uber is prevalent with college kids earning some extra money. Fargo is not as Podunk as some people believe. You'll want some form of transportation to get around otherwise you'll be stuck at the hotel or around the marathon area. Might not hurt to rent a car.

The aid stations were adequate with the typical water and Gatorade/Powerade at each one approximately 2 miles apart. There was one gel station for the half marathon about mile 9 if I remember correctly. For the full, I remember reading about two stations.

I don't know of any areas to avoid for hotels. I trusted tripadvisor reviews. There is the Candlewood Suites right by the Fargodome. There's also a Homewood Suites across the main road by the Fargodome. I would not be surprised if these were full by now. They would be super convenient if still available and not too pricey. We ended up staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Fargo. I booked early, and then was excited when I later found out that one of the shuttle stops was at this hotel. There was also a shuttle pick up at the Radisson hotel in Fargo. If you do not want to do the shuttle thing, there is ample parking at the Fargodome.

As for further advice...Have fun! It is a flat and fast course. If you have additional questions I'll keep an eye on this thread
ptothemo
AG
Good stuff, thank you!
TXAGFAN
AG
Uber is available in Fargo, but you'll wait and don't count on going too far out of town (eg to the lakes).
94chem
Do you get bonus time deductions if you find the buried treasure?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.