Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Race/fundraising swag

1,316 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoahAg
kbw01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a runner either competitive or weekend warrior what swag would you want to receive? I am helping with a fundraising event event focused around a running event where people will be traveling to an event. I am thinking athleisure and recovery items. What are your thought? Any help is appreciated
GarryowenAg
AG
If it's a winter event, I would saw long sleeve t shirts. I love my long sleeve tee shirts from my winter races.

Edit: meant to be a thumbs up.
The Pilot
AG
Socks or other practical stuff. Don't really care for shirts that are covered in sponsors.
CDub06
AG
I also dig socks.
RockOn
This one is difficult.

If the target audience of your race is the newbie runner then you better have a medal and a race shirt.

After about 2-3 years I stopped even accepting race shirts and medals. Ended up tossing/donating everything I had collected and tried to not take on anymore. TROT usually has a discount for no race swag that I appreciate.

However, some unique items I've enjoyed:
Travel coffee mug with race logo. (Big Cedar Endurance Run)
Drymax socks (I forget)
Gear bag (River Cities tri)
Bottle of local honey (Endurance Buzz)
Trucker hat w/ Navajo type logo on it
kbw01
AG
Thanks for the feedback. We are not running the race, but you are right about the audience. Donors will be a mix of runners and people that respect the organization.
wbt5845
AG
Man, I wish races around D/FW would do the no swag option. Every race around here has shirt, medal, etc and costs $40 to enter.
aggiespartan
AG
wbt5845 said:

Man, I wish races around D/FW would do the no swag option. Every race around here has shirt, medal, etc and costs $40 to enter.
if you're near Carrollton and are interested in 5ks, the Carrollton Runners Club has 2 $2 5ks each month.
wangus12
AG
Also look at DRC and Plano Pacers. Year memberships for like 25-40 buck with monthly races
Aggietaco
AG
+1 on the socks or long sleeve tech tee
farmersfight
AG
Arm warmers
bigtruckguy3500
Socks would be cool. But technical fabric t-shirts are something I like as well.
coop-aero-06
AG
My favorites have been long sleeve tech T-shirts with just the race name on the front and nothing on the back (no sponsors)
bushytailed
AG
I thought I read about a trail race here in Texas where runners received custom Goodr sunglasses that had the race logo. I'm blanking in the race though.

BCS gave out custom Swiftwick socks a few years back. Those were great!
wangus12
AG
I still have those BCS Marathon socks. They're some of my favorites
CDub06
AG
wangus12 said:

I still have those BCS Marathon socks. They're some of my favorites

I wore them Sunday.
NoahAg
I have enough tech shirts so my preference would be socks (they wear out faster than shirts so it's more appreciated).

I've received a couple of running hats which is cool. BCS did this in year one.

Rock n' Roll did a light shell jacket last year. Has come in handy on windy/rainy days.

Oh, I'll also give BCS props for the free wireless earbuds a couple years ago. Those actually worked really well....until our stupid dog ate them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.