Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

'Tis the Season to get sick

1,029 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BoDog
Kool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do Home Remedies Really Work

Great article, I thought I would share it here. For the TL;DR crowd, Cliff Notes are:

Garlic supplements taken throughout the cold season can help reduce frequency and duration of cold symptoms.
Vitamin C is sort of meh, except MAYBE in kids, orange juice is even more meh.
Zinc lozenges work. Side note, only do the lozenges, not pills and definitely not nasal zinc.
Placebos work, but you have to believe to receive.
Garlic was not studied for its effect on vampires, probably goes under the placebo bullet point.

Cheers
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BoDog
AG
For the past three years I have popped 2 garlic gels a day and have not gotten a cold/flu once. No joke. Before that I got sick atleast twice a year. It supposedly has anti-viral properties to it, but I have not gotten anything bacterial related either....
Broba Fett
BoDog said:

For the past three years I have popped 2 garlic gels a day and have not gotten a cold/flu once. No joke. Before that I got sick atleast twice a year. It supposedly has anti-viral properties to it, but I have not gotten anything bacterial related either....

I bet your gas smelled incredible
BoDog
AG
That are actually odorless, but taco bell last night didn't help things...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.