Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Tru Tri Sports

969 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoahAg
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got an email the other day that the local tri shop would be closing their doors. They are having a liquidation sale.

https://www.trutrisports.com
Swarely
In Houston?
Ragoo
AG
Swarely said:

In Houston?
yes. Cypress. North of 290 on Mueschke
Swarely
Damn
NoahAg
I can't imagine how running stores stay open.
AggieOO
NoahAg said:

Training/coaching/services
TriumphForks
AG
Bought my bike there when it was at the old location. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Vernada
AG
NoahAg said:

Everyone wants great customer service and product knowledge. Only a small % of those folks are willing to actually pay for it though.
bert harbinson
AG
Plano Cycling and Fitness closing its doors after 45 years. Online shopping and pressure for more exclusivity from manufacturers are to blame. Awfully tough to compete these days.
tamuags08
AG
I wonder if the location did them in. It was out in the middle of nowhere versus their old location near 290/Barker Cypress.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Crappy location and Amazon/local cycling shops diversifying into Tri killed them.
NoahAg
AggieOO said:

NoahAg said:

Training/coaching/services
Yeah, but the pool of people willing to pay for those services can't be very big. I mean, nationally or regionally there might be a sizable number of people who pay for that stuff, but you need a concentrated number of people willing to actually visit the brick & mortar location and spend money regularly.

I visited one of our two local stores the weekend after black friday b/c I needed gels for an upcoming race. It was empty, and there were 3 people I saw working. They weren't unfriendly, but they didn't do much to entice me to keep coming back. No mention of services, events, training, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.