Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Travel CPAP recommendation?

1,319 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old School Brother
BQ92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've used a CPAP for over 8 years but this old thing is a pain in the rump to travel with. I'd like to get a travel unit. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
Kool
AG
Typical replacement schedule for a CPAP machine is 5 years, your insurance company may pay for a new machine. If your sleep study is too old for them to cover it, get a Home Sleep Test and get on auto-PAP with a sexy new machine. If you've got the cash or your carrier won't cover a new machine, I refer my patients to localcpap.com for a new or extra "travel" unit. Cheers
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BQ92
AG
Thanks

That's in the works for the full solution, but time doesn't allow that to happen before my trip. I'll look at that company you mentioned
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I've started leaving the humidifier from mine at home when I travel. It's made a bigger diffrence than I expected when packing and I don't have to worry about finding/carrying distilled water for it on the road. I really don't notice much difference with or without the humidifier.
lazuras_dc
AG
I know some people will poo-poo this. But a mandibular advancement splint from a qualified dental professional is what I'd recommend.
Mmetag10
AG
I'm with him on the mouth guard. If your case is mild enough it works wonders. Boom no more machine and tubes. Just a small retainer you put in your shaving bag.
UnderoosAg
AG
I've had the Resmed Airsense 10 for about 9 months now. Case for the machine, humidifier tub, hose and mask is about the size of a laptop case but a couple inches thicker. I've flown with it as a carry on with no issues, it's pretty light.

There's a Resmed micro something that's made to be a smaller travel option. I've read that it's crappy as a machine though.
Old School Brother
I use a Philips Respironics DreamStation machine and it comes with a padded travel case. the whole thing is about half the size of a small backpack.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.